PDA

View Full Version : Window question

cpikey316_
11-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Bought a challenge 414/0038 air conditioner from Argos! Works very well but piping the hot air into a cupboard is warming an adjacent room up! Which isn't really desirable.

Is there any kind of fitting that will allow me to fit the exhaust pipe to a window and vent the heat externally? As its Sunday I haven't phoned the company yet, I will tomorrow but if anyone can suggest an alternative I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Andy W
11-06-2006, 02:41 PM
If it is the tumble drier hose type of machine, go have a look in B & Q for "tumble drier / vent components" there are lots of variants about, tumble drier "kits" even have the flange to fit through a wall.

cpikey316_
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks Andy! Will go to B&Q tomorrow!

Will there be kits for windows though? I don't own my home and I doubt the council will be pleased if I Start knocking holes in the external walls!

andy bailess
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Andy! Will go to B&Q tomorrow!

Will there be kits for windows though? I don't own my home and I doubt the council will be pleased if I Start knocking holes in the external walls!
Hi
their are fittings @ B&Q which will enable you to fit the hose through a window if you have one, without having to leave the windows open.Buy a glass cutter at the same time, i hope you don't have double glazing.

bpl17
12-06-2006, 08:43 PM
sounds like you needed a window unit or a wallmount

C Bagtas
13-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Bought a challenge 414/0038 air conditioner from Argos! Works very well but piping the hot air into a cupboard is warming an adjacent room up! Which isn't really desirable.

Is there any kind of fitting that will allow me to fit the exhaust pipe to a window and vent the heat externally? As its Sunday I haven't phoned the company yet, I will tomorrow but if anyone can suggest an alternative I would appreciate it!

Thanks
you can buy flexible hose in focus size around 4 inches or more diameter like they are using in extract fan.