PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi samurai chiller problem!

THERMOACC
25-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi all!
I had one of those great call-outs today,an invitation to spend the next week or so getting to know a Hitachi chiller. It`s a samurai RCUE120AG that suffered a lot of water contamination due to a blown plate heat exchanger:eek: . Apart from the repair, mammoth vac down times with a few drier changes and a oil change, what other things would you suggest to look out for?
My main concern is the screw compressor and what damage it has suffered. I have little experience with screw pots.:o Will it need a stripdown or do they normally survive? (It sounded ok when operated for 3-seconds after the system was drained).
If anyone has done this type of work before or could give any suggestions on what things to look out for I would be very greatful.:)

Temprite
28-05-2006, 02:27 AM
:
:D Hi you can invite one of the top engineers to sort it out his name is Marc and the details are www.fridgetech.com :D

You must be getting sore knees by now.:cool:

Swampy
28-05-2006, 09:39 AM
They Had Just Started To Use These On The Cadbury Site In Birmingham When I Left. We Were Told They Compressor Was Not Serviceable And You Just Changed Them Out. The Suppliers Were Axair In Solihull. Give Them A Bell They Were As Good As Gold When I Wanted A Manual Of The Fault Codes