PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Vrf Pressure Testing

Ian21081974
15-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Hi All

I have a small leak on a vrf system.
All the units are above the ceiling in a occupied very busy office.
I charged the system with 10 Bar Trace a gas and gone around with a suitable leak detector but no finds so far.
So I was thinking of upping the pressure for r410a
Say 35 bar to try and help locate the leak.
I'm not sure if this is true but I've been told under the pressure regulations I can only pressurise too 10 bar and not above with customers present
Is this True ?
Will it need to be done out of hours ?
Have really dealt with the pressure regulations before ?

Thanks Ian

Brian_UK
15-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Not 100% up on the regs either but..... You are leak testing and not strength testing remember.

I would agree that 10 bar is not a suitable pressure for leak testing, up the pressure in 5 bar steps until you start losing pressure then test at that pressure.

install monkey
15-07-2015, 06:50 PM
if you've got a tiny leak, banging nitro in to 40 bar or 41 bar to be precise- there is no risk to the staff- you could shut the service valves to test just the condenser first- usually its on the schraeders , valve caps or the condenser coil, then maybe pressurise the pipework in increments of 5 bar at a time (gives you piece of mind)

Ian21081974
15-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Hi lads

Cheers I always done it like that in the past.
But with health and safety and blame culture etc i was concerned with what I was told.
So just wanted to put it out there.
And see what you lot thought and just check I was carrying out the standard correct procedures.
If anyone has any pdf etc Ior guides on pressure testing etc would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks Again

Kind Regards Ian

RusBuka
16-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Put pressure in all tubes together. EEV in close position, you can kill them.

Ian21081974
16-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Cheers

I did manage too put the system and indoor units into recovery mode

Still can't find a Leak ahhhhhhhh

Leaving it on 40 bar over the weekend

Ian

billywizz
25-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Recently found leak on Super Heat Recovery Unit visually by seeing dirt sticking to front left condenser where copper enters/leaves metal end plates, vibration or expansion contraction? I isolated faulty section of condenser.
Also had badly made flare on BS box which only leaked in heating mode.

Ian21081974
25-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks mate

Still looking uv dye added now
And return checks 64m of pipe work 9 indoor units a nightmare
Looking too replace the kit now

Ian