PDA

View Full Version : Cold Room Design - minus 25deg C

vijay_study
19-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Dear All,

I am designing a cold room having following key features:

1. Inside Temperature = minus 25deg C
2. Complete area is Flameproof.

Are their any websites / articles available which can guide regarding the basis of cold room designs.

Please comment.

Regards

Vijay Kumar

Peter_1
27-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Dossats, an in fact every descent Refr. book

Alex Harvey
27-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Here are a couple to start off with. Try http://www.rackettering.com click on cold store, http://www.cold-store-room.com or http://www.walk-in-freezer.com.

Depending on the size of the room you will need a heater mat in the floor. The wall and ceiling panels can not be made of polystyrene insulation. The lights will need to be fireproof. Keep all wiring external to the coldroom box.

Use the above websites as a start for a wide search on google etc.

Peter_1
28-04-2006, 06:29 AM
This seems advertisement for me and I suggest you talk to Webram for a paid add at the right side of this forum.

Magoo
12-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Stay in your comfort zone with HVAC and contract Refrigeration to a proven refrig company.

magoo

smpsmp45
12-02-2008, 07:10 AM
One has to even check out the heaters on the door drame. Yu do get special heaters for the doors which are flamr proof category.

We had done a similar project for various chemical industries like Finolex / Peroxides India etc.

We were using central plant in few cases & the fan motor, door heaters, were flameproof type. The Solenoid valve on the evaporator was just outside the cold store area. The panels were made in such a way that the roof panel to wall panel joint was the weakest joint so that in case of explosion, the Ceiling goes off. ( It never happened in 15 years though). The plant room was almost 16 mt away & there was a huge wall between the plant room & the Cold store area. We had also fitted Smoke detectors in the cold store. They too were flameproof type. The defrost can not be hot gas defrost type.

Let me know if you need any other details

Samarjit Sen
12-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Hello Vijay,

Could you please let me know as to what exactly you are looking for. Do you require the design or want to know as the fire proof. Now fire proof panels are available. More over there are some safety precautions which smpsmp45 has stated.

jahangir.ahmad
12-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Dear Vijay Kumar,

here is lots of fators u have never define
here i sa lot sof factors

whats area of room ?
whats the ambiant temp of ur city ?like this
please purchease a book ""AIR CONDITIONING PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM ""
FOURTH EDITION
AUTHOR
EDWARD G.PITA
AND ITS CHAPTER NO 06
NOW READ THIS BOOK U R ABLE TO MAKE A ROOM AS U REQUIRED
THANKS
JAHANGIR AHMAD KHAN
LAHORE PAKISTAN

Alex Harvey
13-02-2008, 02:57 PM
When considering a cold store at minus 25deg C you should either have an air lock or at the least have a plastic PVC strip curtain accross the door to reduce the inflow of warm humid air intow the freezer room and reduce outflow of the cold air from the room.

Any ingress of humid air into the freezer will cause the moisture / water to freeze on the ceilings, walls and floorl causing a danger of slipping or ice falling from the ceiling in the worst case. This is in addition to the water freezing on the evaporator coil which will need clearing using a defrost heater.

Plastic strip curtains can be purchased in your local market for a few hundred US Dollars, but you need to specify 'Polar Grade'. There are a good number of websites I found on google. This is one quoting prices and specifications which might help.
pvc-strip-curtain-warehouse-plastic.co.uk
But there are plenty of others probabley more local for you.

Josip
13-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi, all :)

Post of Vijay Kumar is from April 2006...I do believe till today he solved all his nightmares;).....not sure, but I believe that was an Allana project:D

Best regards, Josip :)

smpsmp45
14-02-2008, 04:51 AM
No. Surely Not Allana Project!!!!!!

They Do Not Deal In Explosives!!!!!!

Alex Harvey
14-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Hope the project went well. Please advise any time.

Josip
14-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi, smpsmp45 :)

No. Surely Not Allana Project!!!!!!

They Do Not Deal In Explosives!!!!!!

Explosives:confused:

......"flameproof" for me has a meaning panels are self extinguish and not explosion proof (Ex);).....sorry, seems my english is not so good...:o

Then for sure you know which one was/is;)

Best regards, Josip :)

Alex Harvey
15-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Josip, correct. In the UK the composite insulated wall panels must be in PIR and have a fire rating. Expanded Polystyrene panels do not get an insurance rating as there were a number of cold store fires around 2001 with some loss of life.

maltysoft
16-02-2008, 05:53 PM
very very thanks
very very thanks
very very thanks
very very thanks

nike123
16-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I think that you need to fix that keypad!:D:D

Kawaljeet Singh
17-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Dear friends Allana is competant enough to design and install complete freezing complexes, so far their own 15 such units of more that 150 mt per day freezing(-40 degreeC)capacity are working excellently well.

Alex Harvey
18-02-2008, 03:14 PM
munus 40 deg C, very low temperature for long term storage or Ice Cream!

Samarjit Sen
18-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Allana has a number of Freezing facility all over the country, and just for information my dear freind Josip has been some how been associated with some of their projects. So I think he is fully aware of what he is talking.

ice_cool
11-11-2008, 09:43 AM
A few pages you can read for reference:
URL Removed
Hope the information is helpful to you.

icecube51
11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
this dossent smel,but stinks severe at COMMERCIAL

Peter_1
11-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Ice_cool, Icecube51 has a point, this is a little bit on the edge of the allowable.
I suggest you edit your post and make only one link.

dyar
21-12-2008, 05:54 PM
I AM ENGINEER IN REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING ICAN AID EVERYONE MY EMAIL dyarmohammed @yahoo.com

Susanthaj
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi.

I have to design a freezer cold room to maintain a temperature of -24ºC. What will the capacity I should use an the Unit.The space size is i44 cu Mts

Thanks.
Susantha Jayawardene
Resident Engineer.
InterContinental Hotel.
Doha,
Qatar

Peter_1
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Between 2TR and 200 TR :confused:

icecube51
10-05-2009, 06:11 PM
before you start designing, start learning the basics of refrigeration and whit some luck,it all becomes clear and more easy.

Ice

Alex Harvey
11-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm sure this thread is now finished?

750 Valve
12-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi.

I have to design a freezer cold room to maintain a temperature of -24ºC. What will the capacity I should use an the Unit.The space size is i44 cu Mts

Thanks.
Susantha Jayawardene
Resident Engineer.
InterContinental Hotel.
Doha,
Qatar

11.7 watts :D

In all seriousness would you trust a response someone gave you on the internet? If so you are in serious trouble buddy, pay a consultant to work it out for you or pass on the job and let someone who knows how to design the system do it properly.

Peter_1
12-05-2009, 06:18 AM
750 Valve,
I think this will be a little too small, I should take 13.8 Watts and eventually divided over 2 compressors for security

750 Valve
12-05-2009, 07:58 AM
750 Valve,
I think this will be a little too small, I should take 13.8 Watts and eventually divided over 2 compressors for security

I like the way you think Peter - partial redundancy in your suggestion :D

cool&heat
12-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi.

Thanks.
Susantha Jayawardene
Resident Engineer.
InterContinental Hotel.
Doha,
Qatar
In Qatar you can contact the unites suppliers in business directory they will help you free.

Sridhar1312
19-05-2009, 07:21 AM
I had designed a cold room of minus 25 degree C with explosion proof concrete walls and collapsible Tin sheet roof with insulation.
This was for a vinyl monomer caltalyst storage used in PVC Manufacturing.
We had done with Brine chilling plants with cold diffuser units in the cold room to maintain minus 25 degree C.
need more details please send email to <enervac.sv@gmail.com>

sasikumar5
06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Please give your details in my mail id sasi@indiametalworks.com

gesi
10-11-2009, 08:06 PM
before you start designing, start learning the basics of refrigeration and whit some luck,it all becomes clear and more easy.

Ice

Hi icecube51. How are you? my proposal for our friends is programme scelte32 from ECOgroup. learning, designing in the same time. of course if they have free time.
good luck for all.

Sridhar1312
11-11-2009, 07:12 AM
The cold room you are looking must be for Catalyst to be stored at minus 15 to 20 degree C.
Way back in 1882-83 have executed a project for minus 25 degree Cold room with massive 10 inch concrete walls and roofing out of corrugated GI sheet with relief door to open when the pressure increases due to warm up and beyond which roof will collapse.
You may send your specific queries as private message and will be in aposition to help you.