PDA

View Full Version : Copeland EasyCool Condensing Unit

PaulYeates
27-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Anybody have any experience with a Copeland easycool condensing unit??
The unit contains two copeland scrolls with an Emerson EC2 511 controller.
x4 supermarket freezers are fed from this unit.
Basically the freezers are hovering around -15 degrees rather than below the -18 critical temp.
Condenser was quite dirty so I blew out the coils with nitrogen.
Saturation temperature on low side is 15 degrees/2.5bar which seems quite high for a freezer, discharge pressure is around 16bar.
What kind of head pressure/suction pressures does this unit operate under? There is 2 condenser fan motors with only 1 currently running but I am unsure as to the pressure that the second one kicks in.

joe-ice
27-07-2014, 09:58 PM
The operating pressures are controlled by the ec2. Are the 2 compressors running ,theres a small hp switch on each compressor with a blue reset, As far as i can remember the 2 fans are controlled by the fan speed control so both should be running

al
28-07-2014, 05:52 PM
As joe says both fans are controlled by EC2, manual: http://www.emersonclimate.com/europe/productdocuments/alcoliterature/en_ec2552_65098.pdf

Check set point is ok, drop control panel to check 2nd compressor is not tripped out, trax oil controllers on compressors should both be green with level visible half way.

PaulYeates
28-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Cheers lads,
Im hoping its a tripped HP switch as the unit itself is at an awkward height to work on aswell as being installed right up
against a steel beam so access only from one side!