PDA

View Full Version : uneven oil level in parallel compressors

ozonesafe
13-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Dear friends:

I have worked before with parallel compressor refrigeration racks, but in all cases the oil level controls were of the adjustable type, so that the equalization of the oil levels in all compressors was quite straightforward. This time, Iīm working with a Hussmann rack which has a Sporlan Y1236-C oil pressure differential valve and Emerson W-OLC-2E oil level controls in each compressor (six). All of the oil level controls are interconnected, have both oil inlet valve and equalization line valve, but there is no adjustment screw. According to the manual, they are suppose to keep the oil level at the middle of the sightglass, but it is not true. The oil level in each compressor varies wildly, both operating and resting. I have been trying to keep the operation time of each compressor more or less the same, so that none of the compressors stays off for long periods, but it doesnīt help much. The oil sight glass in the separator stays full, so I donīt think there is oil shortage. In the Sporlan, Henry and Temprite sites there is a lot of information, but is mostly about adjustable type oil level controls. Thank you for any comments.