PDA

View Full Version : Compressor totally iced down.

Karlsen
01-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Hi, can somebody please give me a hint on this issue? Totally iced down compressor. Refrigerant not totally evaporated before suction maybe? I haven`t take any measurements yet. Just turned of compressor when discovered. Thanks.

monkey spanners
01-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Low load in the evaporator (frozen up, dirty, fans broke, etc), thermostat set wrong or broken (system running below design conditions), Faulty or incorrectly adjusted expansion device, other system component failure.

texanul
01-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Maybe the contactor is welded , low air flow , and all what Monkey said .

Brian_UK
01-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Evaporating temperature?

Ambient temperature?

The Viking
01-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Well to start with check the super heat...

For whatever reason you got too much liquid coming back to the compressor.
Any of the reasons mentioned above could contribute to this but assuming you have some sort of EEV or TEV controlling the flow of refrigerant it should automatically reduce the flow back to the compressor (to a certain degree, if there is no heat going in to the evaporator at all then it doesn't matter if the TEV reduces the refrigerant flow to a minimum)

Is the TEV/EEV's temp probe properly attached to the suction line?
Is there any bypass from the Liquid side to the suction?
Is it multi stage on a single circuit? (if so the controls might be XXX)

All these questions...

:cool:

Sandro Baptista
03-06-2014, 09:17 AM
It seems the main suction line isn't iced...strange.

Turn on the other compressor and stop the iced one and see if the same happens with the other compressor.

Magoo
04-06-2014, 02:29 AM
If a low temperature application possibly the liquid injection has gone ballistic and flooded the can.

Juniku
06-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi, can somebody please give me a hint on this issue? Totally iced down compressor. Refrigerant not totally evaporated before suction maybe? I haven`t take any measurements yet. Just turned of compressor when discovered. Thanks.

Take a look to shut off valve in suction line for this particular compressor, there is your answer.

Sandro Baptista
06-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Take a look to shut off valve in suction line for this particular compressor, there is your answer.

Yes, the valve maybe is almost shuted off so an high pressure drop will occur and lowering the evaporating temperature. Even so liquid carried on the suction line is happening otherwise this wouldn't be occuring.

nike123
06-07-2014, 09:12 AM
@ Karlsen
By the date on that image, you are probably have sorted that out, or you set up your date on camera wrongly!;)

nike123
06-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Hiii
Compressor gas is over charged please bleed the gas till the frost disappears.
Where to bleed? In atmosphere, maybe!

By what measurement or data or picture, presented from OP you can conclude that compressor is overcharged?

I can safely assume only that compressor lower casing (low pressure part) is at temperature below freezing point of water for some time.
That doesn't necessary mean that is anything wrong with it.

I see now, you are here for advertising purpose.

The MG Pony
06-07-2014, 04:04 PM
what are the 90 degree brass units and their job?

check the packles valve as well

but just could be a very humid day, I have had systems in perfect health get a whole lot of frost on them, but the fact that makes me wonder about the valve as onlt after the valve do we see frost.

perhaps debrie has restricted valve?

to know check super heat befor the valve, then check after the valve move forward from there!

gaurav
20-07-2014, 03:10 AM
i am working on carrier elite line . i am facing the same problem from last two days my set point temp in minus 18 but the temp is freez on 9.3 from last 6 hours please help me ASAP.
thanks

sedgy
20-07-2014, 12:46 PM
hi ,
if you could tell us the gas your using , the suction and discharge temps , and the temperature? c or f = sedgy

gaurav
21-07-2014, 01:21 AM
i am using r134a , the container temp is 9'c.

gaurav
21-07-2014, 01:22 AM
sorry its minus 9'c