PDA

View Full Version : Flush AC pipes

eurocooling
05-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Hi can any one tell me the best way to flush AC pipes out we have blown out with nitrogen but there is still lots of moisture in the pipes I know you can buy a chemical which you can flush out, the pipe work is in the ground and is 20 m runs

The Viking
05-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Well if it is only moisture you are concerned about then the cheapest way of getting it out would be several successive deep vacuums broken by OFN...

Cleaning agents is more for when the systems has suffered a burnout or brazing without OFN.

:cool:

northernbeach
11-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Dont challenge cleanse the lines with the utilization of an air compressor, you'll have different kinds of dampness in the framework.

Brian_UK
11-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Dont challenge cleanse the lines with the utilization of an air compressor, you'll have different kinds of dampness in the framework.
Sorry don't understand this at all, can you please repost?

The Viking
12-04-2014, 05:22 AM
Ah, Brian,

Translated to the queen's English, I believe it means:
"Do not use an air-compessor to blow crap out of refrigerant lines as the result will be that you introduce more impurities to the system than you will remove from it"

:cool:

glenn1340
12-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Compressed air via a good twin column dessicant dryer that`s had the dessicant recently changed, fitted with good quality line filters will get a PDP of -60c with particulate size of 0.01 micron. then use vacumm and OFN to remove the air. The air could be left on for several days, the only cost being the power used Of course that setup will cost money. but if you doing it on a large system and you can get the equipment used, it could make sense.

jennifersmith
14-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Hi,

Using a rubber tipped blow gun with the nitrogen pressure regulator set between the 5,0 –7,0 bar, blow
nitrogen through the system.This will help you to eliminate any moisture that may be left in the system after flushing.

Hope helps you!

monkey spanners
14-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Put a tap on other end of pipes, pressurise the pipes as you see fit, shut off nitrogen, (PPE, googles gloves ear defenders etc) Open tap and sh!t flies out, repeat as necessary.