PDA

View Full Version : Kelvinator KSR25 blowing pcb fuse

RJM Refrig
19-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Hi guys,

went out to look at a domestic Kelvinator split system air conditioner last week. When I turned up the fuse on the indoor PCB was blown. I replaced it to see what was happening and the indoor unit powered up, the louvres opened and the fan started to blow air. Around 30-45 sec later it blows the fuse on the indoor PCB.

Main power (240V) is supplied to the indoor unit and then control wires to the outdoor condensing unit. I went out and tested the relays on the outdoor PCB as I thought it seems as though when the compressor is trying to kick in its blowing the fuse. Found one of the relays on the outdoor PCB to be dead so I ordered a new board - easy fix I thought!

Fitted the new board today and its still blowing the fuse after 30-45 seconds! I put my multimeter over the condenser fan wires and it looks to be ok - and then did the same with the compressor windings which also appeared fine.......any suggestions???

sorry for the long post but its doing my head in as I need to get it fixed before I head away interstate for long term work.

thanks people,

Russell

Brian_UK
19-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Any crossed wires?

Disconnect the cables to the outdoor unit and restart the unit, if possible. See if it still pops the fuse.

Try disconnecting each outdoor unit component in turn, if the fuse stays in then - smile.....