PDA

View Full Version : current jog v Dealer job

tundra
10-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone need some advice from anyone with a similar problem/decision to make
I have the opportunity to work for a trailer/carrier dealer in WA.state.
My work history 15 years with Cat Dealer in the mid west truck, engine division.
7 years with a small dairy transport comp, 22 med duty trucks with thermoking units ranging in age mid 90 to 06,5 trailers, carrier and TK units.
I have had some formal ref classes none from a transport dealer cuz you have to work for a dealer to attend their classes (sucks) anyway.
The sticking point the wages.very low.
So question is do carrier dealer offer some magical training that its worth considering a big wage hit.
Carrier does offer some classes called customer courses? are they of any value.I am a bit reluctant to take them only because when I was employed with Cat we had customers taking them and for what they payed mmm could have done better buying a manual.
Thanks sorry for the long winded ????

Magoo
11-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Hi tundra.
at least low wages pays the rent so-to-speak, not too flash currently though, be very careful before signing up with anyone, contracts etc., usually means no work, equals no pay. Read the fine print. Training courses could also be at your expense. Families come first with me.

waterskidog
21-02-2014, 10:41 AM
I worked there. Good people. If you want to get into Transport refrigeration full time you need to consider being on call. Experience reefer techs are had to find so it depends on how you plan on using your training. Yes Carrier dealer in Wa will provide factory training. TK and Carrier force technicians to attend training as a result the dealer get special benefits and gets status. When I was there and wanted to attend factory training I had to commit to staying there for 2-3 years.