PDA

View Full Version : ammonia heating system

Ujagaga
10-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Hello.
I have just recently learned about ammonia refrigerator where you input heat and get low temperature without using a compressor. I don't know enough to even guess if an idea of mine could work, so i thought I might ask experts. I don't even think that I could come up with a patent, so I'm just interested if it was possible.
The way I see it, for an ammonia refrigerator to work, one needs to provide high temperature to start the process, lower temperature to cool of the ammonia and as a result get very low temperature. I wonder if it would be possible to build a system, without using a compressor, to which one would input very low temperature ( around 0 degrees Celsius or lower) , higher temp. ( 5 to 15 degrees Celsius like temperature of the ground about one meter deep) and as a result get high temperature which could heat a house. With such a system, the colder it gets outside, one could get more heat to warm up.

Brian_UK
10-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Nope.

You do not 'add' cold to a system you actually moving heat.

RANGER1
11-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Maybe you are referring to absorption refrigeration?

passandscore
11-02-2014, 01:33 PM
It does sound like absorption refrigeration.

Here's some reading material
http://users.ntua.gr/rogdemma/A%20Review%20for%20Absorption%20Refrigeration%20Technologies.pdf