PDA

View Full Version : City Multi PURY-P500YEM-A locked rotor

Daz man
30-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

is there a way you can check if compressor 1 (the inv compressor) on a R407c City Multi PURY-P500YEM-A has a locked rotor?

compressor windings test out fine and down to earth with a Megger is fine.

just wondered if there were any dip switches etc which would help in a locked rotor state?

Many thanks

install monkey
30-01-2014, 07:41 PM
on hitatchi setfree r22 units- the torpedo comp theyused to say stick the 415 off the direct online pot onto the inverter pot terminals just to prove it starts.- only for a few seconds as inverter windings are around 1 ohm pin to pin as opposed to 3-10 ohm on a dol pot
check ur email:eek:

Daz man
30-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Cheers dude!

Daz man
31-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Update! Hope it may help others.

'EDC' inverter checker module used (a Climate Center special) to find all six lights lit, two red, two yellow and two blue. Also Mitsi have explained that I should be getting a balanced voltage from U,V&W off the IPM board which I am see below-

on inverter PCB SW1 to on
on main PCB SW3 1&2 on

U- neutral = 254v
V- neutral = 253v
W- neutral = 254v

on this basis I'm 99.9% certain it's a locked rotor compressor (comp 1) as the inverter and all other inverter components test out okay. As soon as I reconnect comp leads and put dip switches back to factory set the unit initiates then faults straight out on 4250 which I think is over current/inverter issues.

Daz man
31-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Oh, Mitsi said anything above 90v AC on each connection from U,V&W will suffice and also it must be balanced. Anything below 90v AC then may indicate inverter problems!

daz

RusBuka
31-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Check the current transformer and ring on the wire. He has a polarity. If not correctly put on, will this error.

Daz man
13-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Okay blokes, second update just incase this may help in the future.

Inverter compressor changed with new ordered direct from Mitsi. All existing PCB's including Inverter PCB left on the machine. Left working sweet as a nut! The only other component I changed was the IPM module as the old one looked a bit charred and as if it had got warm, probably due to the old seized pot.

So in my case 4250 fault was not an inverter issue as such, more like a seized inverter compressor number 1.

I nearly ordered the new inverter pack from Mitsi but bulked at the price so risked ordering just the pot!

Result - hope this may help people in the future?