PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu J series help needed

Simon Butler
16-01-2014, 04:30 PM
I have an issue with a j series that keeps throwing up intermittant faults. The faults are either 'discharge temp error' or 'hp error' i have only been on site once when it has tripped and it was defrosting at the time and tripped on hp. The rest of the time i have been checking it it has run normally. Anyone had a similar problem?

install monkey
16-01-2014, 07:16 PM
coil sensor cooked not terminating defrost?- does it cool ok?

install monkey
16-01-2014, 07:17 PM
maybe it wasnt designed for a manchester climate;)

bigor_2
17-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Very little information about your system.
How total number of indoor units and their capacity?
What is number of indoor units in operation?
I think the problem into not correct work of EV-kit or into amount of refrigerant.
J series it is an endangered species small animals and they require delicate handling:)

Simon Butler
20-01-2014, 11:27 AM
ok, more info, the system has 6 indoor units connected to it 5 x 2.5kw wall and 1 x 7kw cassette, I have already recovered and weighed the refrigerant which is the correct amount. The system operates normally when heating I havn't tried a test run on cooling. The defrost seems to end normally sometimes and the system carries on running, it goes into oil recovery mode following the defrost and this may be when it trips.
Is there a way of manually making it go into defrost or oil recovery mode?
The system had a major power spike a while back that took out a number of varistors and boards.
Is there a diagnostic tool available for these units?

Thanks for your help.:confused:

bigor_2
20-01-2014, 01:09 PM
1. For force (manual) oil recovery to set SW1-4 in ON (outdoor PCB).
2. Defrost operates on the program only.
3. Do you asked about diagnostic of PCB?