PDA

View Full Version : refrigerant phase out.

cadwaladr
11-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Just been informed by my supplier about the phase out of refrigerant ,what is the future if you are installing equipment taking into consideration the clients standpoint?

passandscore
11-01-2014, 03:02 AM
This should help: http://www.hrai.ca/hcfcphaseout.html

cadwaladr
12-01-2014, 07:56 PM
well aware of the r22 situation,its the 404a phase out that concerns me,if you were installing equipment to say last 20 years [not a/c] on a freezer application which would you use and existing equipment which is in an intact state,or would you scrap it and start again?

passandscore
12-01-2014, 09:35 PM
To the best of my knowledge the 404a phase out has not been mandated in North America. That being said, I assume that a drop-in replacement will or has been recommended which of course would be the customers preference. Perhaps the push is for CO2! I am hearing lots of talk about it on this side of the pond!

Coorsman777
13-01-2014, 03:25 PM
If the phase out of HFC's follow's the same trend as as the R-22 phase out where the US was about 10 years behind EU that we here in the states will looking at a phase out in 2030 to 2040. I do not agree with this one bit. HFC's are not released into the air if a system is not leaking. I think the best way to go about this is better leak guidelines and requirements that are actually enforced. Don't get me wrong I don't like government interferance any more than the next guy but if it keeps us from having to retrofit every system we have lets go for it.