PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Thermo King VM400

monkey spanners
08-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Got a new customer who has bought a 7.5t merc and took the body off to use as a static cold room.

So far i have removed and sealed up the three pipes that went to the engine driven compressor (i'm guessing the third pipe was for liquid injection or similar?)

Its been pressure tested to about 200psi nitrogen and then vacuumed well as they had left the pipes open to the engine comp...

Right, when powered up the evap and condenser fans run but we have no compressor, had a look in the terminal box to find it half full of water and the int69 module drowned, i dried the terminals out and linked out the int69 but still no compressor.

The compressor runs ok with the contactor pushed in.

Anyone got any info on how the control circuit works on these, or a wiring diagram?

I charged 1.8kg R404A in to a clear sightglass, does this sound about right considering the lack of the engine driven compressor and associated pipe work?

Got a new module on order, customer is pushing to get it going as wants to fill it with turkeys!

Cheers John :D

install monkey
08-12-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7rt4olfuwxcg3fl/vm405-pbbd2-52317.pdf
vm405 if its any good

install monkey
08-12-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ch3me0c2q2zmb7c/V-200%2C%20V-300%20and%20MTC%20Series-%20V-200_V-300_and_MTC_Series_truck(2).pdf
vm200 and 300 install manual

monkey spanners
08-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks! VM405 looks very similar, reading through it all now!

install monkey
08-12-2013, 05:00 PM
if in doubt- stick a rmx100 panel on it!:D

Tayters
08-12-2013, 08:17 PM
So far i have removed and sealed up the three pipes that went to the engine driven compressor (i'm guessing the third pipe was for liquid injection or similar?)

Hi Jon,

Think the third pipe is an oil line. At least it was on the Carrier one I looked at a while back and I figured that out with a bit of help from a couple of guru's from this site.

Cheers,
Andy.

monkey spanners
08-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi Jon,

Think the third pipe is an oil line. At least it was on the Carrier one I looked at a while back and I figured that out with a bit of help from a couple of guru's from this site.

Cheers,
Andy.

Thanks Andy, Its got an oil separator that looks like a sporlan drier, with an oil line where the shrader would be if a suction drier, it seems to dump into the common suction before the T. The other pipe seems to be piped from the liquid line with a dc solenoid in it, theres also a thingy that looks like it would clip on a pipe so i wondered if it was a discharge temp sensor which would trigger liquid injection but may well be overcomplicating things haha. I never saw it working as customer took it all apart before i got the call!

wilt
12-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Dont think you need the liquid injection if your just using the standby compressor as the injection is mainly to cool down the poxy seltec road compressor lol!

monkey spanners
12-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Dont think you need the liquid injection if your just using the standby compressor as the injection is mainly to cool down the poxy seltec road compressor lol!

Thanks, I brazed it up just after the 24v solenoid!

Couldn't get the frascold compressor to run, its terminal box was full of water and blew the int69 module, i wonder if it also sent 240v down to the controller and blew the compressor feed. Got it running by linking it in with the condenser fan feed for now.

Might fit a carel controller on there as its never going back on the road!

wilt
13-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Nice one monkey spanners,where theres a will theres a way,sometimes a temporary field fix has to be applied