PDA

View Full Version : I hate gas leaks !!

Toolman
22-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Anyone got a surefire way to absolutely find any leak in a system . I am SICK of it !

AlexAlex
22-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Anyone got a surefire way to absolutely find any leak in a system . I am SICK of it !

Hi, Toolman.
what type of refrigerant ?

cadwaladr
23-10-2013, 06:33 PM
drop it in a swimming pool! tek mate got three of them soap is the best to pinpoint but the tekmate will find the region.

install monkey
23-10-2013, 06:37 PM
spectroline glo stick- had a mitsi 3kw h pump 3 others had fixed- leaky flares and schraeder cores- each repair only lasted 4 mth- glostick found lines on 4way valve chaffed- everyone else just used nitro and leak spray- go tec -

PaulZ
23-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Hi Toolman
The Spectroline dye is pretty good but you need to be able to get the lamp in, can be a bit hard on a small system. We have a Spectroline system, electronic and an ultrasonic detector as well but they have their limitations.
Big Blue, Bubble Up, Snoop, etc is pretty good but sometimes hard to get it to where you want it.
Unfortunately I don't think there is any surefire way using a combination is probably the best.
regards
Paul

passandscore
24-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Patience! That is the only sure fire way. We all use roughly the same methods / techniques and eventually the leak shows itself. You could always work on ammonia systems! You will never have a problem locating the leak then.

HVACRsaurus
24-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Yeah stick the smelly stuff in it. When your nose burns you got a leak - when your balls burn you got a big leak..

Toolman
28-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah stick the smelly stuff in it. When your nose burns you got a leak - when your balls burn you got a big leak..

Thats pretty funny , maybe I can make a shandy add a little ammonia .

Toolman
28-10-2013, 12:03 PM
OK well I still hate them , thanks for the suggestions everyone .
I've been around long enough to know & use all the tricks , the old soapy water in a spray bottle is good .
BUT when you cant get to see a spot and you know there something there I use this ... http://superiorsignal.com/superior-accutrak
, it was expensive to buy but has paid for itself many times over by preventing callbacks.
I have a video of it working well , but cant work out how to post it !! Stay tuned