PDA

View Full Version : aircon problem. 200 206 1.6 hdi after re gas.

vauxfan
17-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I got the car gassed today but there is an issue with it. The car blows cold air for 45 seconds then starts to blow warm. It will blow cold again but only after the air con is turned off for10 seconds and back on again. Any ideas? the clutch kicks in when you press the air con button.

C Bagtas
17-08-2013, 12:08 PM
either need more gas or overcharge,if you dont have proper tools just look sightglass if car has,but you need to run compressor for a few minutes to find out,bubbles indicate of less gass.your car has pressure swutch to cut out if low pressure and high pressure,or better take it to competent person.hope it help a bit coz im not working in air conditioning for a long time.

install monkey
17-08-2013, 12:12 PM
u had it gassed today- did they find a leak and fix it?
get them back to check it

vauxfan
17-08-2013, 08:36 PM
I first had it gassed 2 weeks ago but it got warm after 2 days. and on further inspection the car has a hole in the condenser where all the green dye had come out. so I got a new condenser and fitted it then took it back for a re gas. it is now that the cars aircon gets warm after about 45 seconds of pressing the aircon button. the air con will only get cold again if the air con is switched off for 10 seconds then put back on again. but as before will only stay cold for 45 seconds roughly.

vauxfan
17-08-2013, 08:37 PM
ps if the air con system has no window how would you tell if it is over or under filled?

install monkey
17-08-2013, 08:50 PM
could be moisture in the system causing a blockage- without gauges and connections you can only guess whats happening

joe-ice
17-08-2013, 08:52 PM
It would either be going out on the low pressure switch on the big pipe or the high pressure switch on the discharge small pipe ,If you can locate these switches and trace the wiring it could be possible to put a meter across them and see which is breaking the circuit when running.This though would be a lot of hassle .A qualified tech would tell you in minutes and rectify it in short time.

charlie patt
19-08-2013, 07:07 PM
or condensor fan aint working subcooled condensor so builds pressure really quickly. firstly sea if enough gas in it the 206s cool really well what is age as early ones have a seperate drier and pipe blocks from drier to condensor and the desicant pellets keep moveing as said the later has subcooled unit pumps dont play up but fans do bigstyle

vauxfan
19-08-2013, 08:40 PM
or condensor fan aint working subcooled condensor so builds pressure really quickly. firstly sea if enough gas in it the 206s cool really well what is age as early ones have a seperate drier and pipe blocks from drier to condensor and the desicant pellets keep moveing as said the later has subcooled unit pumps dont play up but fans do bigstyle

car is a 2005 206 1.6 hdi gti.

vauxfan
19-08-2013, 08:41 PM

how can I tell if enough gas is in it?

charlie patt
20-08-2013, 09:29 PM
whats ambient and whats standing pressure or weight it out whats running pressures any of those would do

vauxfan
24-08-2013, 08:09 AM
is there some thing I could use to check these? I presume you do it like a tyre pressure tester? fit it over the valve and see what its reading?

joe-ice
24-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Its a special snap on fitting with a valve and then you need a refrigeration hose and guage .The fittings are different for high and low side.

The Viking
24-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Not to mention that to be legal you need to be qualified before you hook anything up to the refrigerant side and to make the judgement on whats going on you need experience...

Just take it back to the garage and let them deal with it.

:cool:

aircon50
29-08-2013, 11:41 PM
As The Viking states - take it back.
The only sure way of ensuring the charge is right is by the correct method. Recovery, evacuation (includes leak check) and recharge with the correct weight of refrigerant as determined by the vehicle manufacturer. If the repairer isn't capable of doing this with the correct equipment, they shouldn't be touching refrigerants.

cadwaladr
30-08-2013, 09:57 AM
car air con,too much agro for the little sun we have get a wind deflecter for the side windows and rool the windows down works for me!

joe-ice
30-08-2013, 09:20 PM
car air con,too much agro for the little sun we have get a wind deflecter for the side windows and rool the windows down works for me!
Spot on never used mine ,Would only check it if i was selling it on

cadwaladr
31-08-2013, 03:07 AM
yes my car has it condensor gone who cares,my van does not have it but the windows work fine its for snobs a/c like a multichanger for the cd waste of time!

coolincab
31-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Hell don't go back to that garage to see whats wrong, There more wrong than your cars air con if they couldent spot the massive leak in your condenser first visit. Lasted 2 days maybe they were makeing a new advert for specksavers

Nikolas33
24-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Really this is reliable details i like this actually i was in looking for this details and considering to create a line for this but i have no need to create any line after study out this details anyways thanks for this and have a awesome day ..............