PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to check some Carrier units in Widness?

Paceeng
24-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi all, need someone to take a look at some Carrier fridges I am buying for shipping to New Zealand, will pay for your trouble.
Thanks in advance for your help.Carrier

cadwaladr
24-07-2013, 07:37 PM
how many units,if they are off the trailer and i guess they are,are they single temperature as cannot test them if multi temp because there will be no gas in them but could report on general condition etc ,let me know more info thanks.

cadwaladr
24-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi all, need someone to take a look at some Carrier fridges I am buying for shipping to New Zealand, will pay for your trouble.
Thanks in advance for your help.Carrier pm me and i will send my email,not putting it on display for all to see,i am about one hours driving time to Widnes.

wilt
26-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi Cad I've already clocked this and was gonna push it towards C.B. what do you think?

clivemtk
26-07-2013, 08:59 PM
wilt u swearing on re shame on u

cadwaladr
27-07-2013, 02:42 AM
it looks to be an ebay purchase! I am not interested forget my my earlier post bye do not want to get involved with anything with ebay content sorry to say cb are welcome to it.guess they are involved somehow anyway buyer beware comes to mind I am out of here!

djbe
27-07-2013, 08:45 PM
it looks to be an ebay purchase! I am not interested forget my my earlier post bye do not want to get involved with anything with ebay content sorry to say cb are welcome to it.guess they are involved somehow anyway buyer beware comes to mind I am out of here!

There is good and bad around everywhere, ebay included. Some of the stuff my customers have bought in the past via dealers are total crocks.

Looked at a fridge on a major rental fleet truck the other day, new chassis rebody with an old fridge. What a nail, I would be embarrassed to send it out! So even big companies try and have their customers over outside of ebay.

At the end of the day, if the guy pays you and you give your honest opinion where is the problem? You may actually save him some money.

cadwaladr
28-07-2013, 01:24 AM
prob is they are multi temp and they are off the trailer so how can you test? reconnect not easy blank off maybe only visual/basic would feel guilty and the other point is payment

gravy258
28-07-2013, 05:56 AM
most people down under buy there fridges ex-usa. With the California proposition they go cheap

wilt
28-07-2013, 05:02 PM
wilt u swearing on re shame on u
Hi Clive I just saw this thread from that guy in New Zealand It was just a joke wiv Cad,I'm not arsed really if I intended to pass it on I would ave got in touch wiv Whitey,How goes it wiv you?mate im still stuck knocking out these installs:mad::mad::mad:

clivemtk
28-07-2013, 09:23 PM
still at warrington its a job

Paceeng
31-07-2013, 11:07 PM
We can't source units ex US because in NZ we need slim line and they don't have many. I don't need these units run in cool, just check the look of them, see if they look worth freighting to the other side of the world and if the engines seem ok (oil, coolant etc) and record hours. There must be a half decent tech in this area somewhere?

djbe
31-07-2013, 11:24 PM
We can't source units ex US because in NZ we need slim line and they don't have many. I don't need these units run in cool, just check the look of them, see if they look worth freighting to the other side of the world and if the engines seem ok (oil, coolant etc) and record hours. There must be a half decent tech in this area somewhere?

Don't think you can pm as not enough posts? Email address?

cadwaladr
01-08-2013, 12:49 AM
ok can do send me the details,can have a look at them this weekend if thats ok ,send me your email thanks

Paceeng
01-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks cadwaladr, email me on clint@paceeng.co.nz and I'll give you the details. I really appreciate this, happy tp compensate you as I say.

Paceeng
08-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Hi,
Any progress on checking my Vectors at all?