PDA

View Full Version : Piping for a compressor pack having multiple evaporators.

Chris ref
29-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I would like to know about the piping guide line for compressor pack serving multiple evaporators having different capacity.

I want to know how the branches of the main lines are done; is it as per the capacity of the evaporators.

Thanks in advance

Brian_UK
29-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Have a read of some of the information available from the Sporlan literature store....
http://sporlanonline.com/literature-and-educational-materials/

A good layout diagram is under the misc section and document 5-180.

Chris ref
15-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Dear Brain,

Thanks for the input. But i am looking for a guide line for" pipe sizing" a refrigeration system with one compressor rack ( 3 x 30hp) serving 4 coolers.

regards,
Christopher

passandscore
15-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Perhaps this will be helpful.

http://www.hvacrinfo.com/Cope_manuals/AE104_R2.pdf

The MG Pony
15-07-2013, 01:55 PM
they need to increase the size limmit for pdf's, I have the exact thing you want but allas it is 4 meg pdf.

Coorsman777
15-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Download the Sporlan selection software or contact Sporlan rep to get it. There is all kinds of line sizing capability on this. I use this for all of my line sizing.

Josip
16-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi, Chris ref :)

Dear Brain,

Thanks for the input. But i am looking for a guide line for" pipe sizing" a refrigeration system with one compressor rack ( 3 x 30hp) serving 4 coolers.

regards,
Christopher

You can download Danfoss DIRCalc ... there you can calculate pipe sizes for your system with dry, pump or gravity feeding with relevant refrigerant etc. ....

ftp://software.danfoss.com/RA/DirCalc/DirCalc.zip

.... you calculate pipe size for each branch as per size of evaporator .... as you connect two branches then the header became bigger after third is again bigger and then after fourth branch I think is the final size of the common header ... I assume your compressor rack must work with max two compressor in the same time and the third one is a stand by compressor ... so try to check the last portion of your header for 60HP ...

take care about pipe slopes and connections with siphons to get oil back to compressors ... as per suggestion of other members it will be good to read some manuals for piping layout ...

Hope this will help a little ...

Best regards, Josip :)

Peter_1
17-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Or the Bitzer website has some interesting guidelines