PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Cooling Pump System

theray
26-06-2013, 03:35 AM
This is my first post here- I'm new to this industry but I'm doing some research to try making some different things at home. Does the technology exist for a cooling system like a computer water-cooling unit, to use a smaller diameter hose with MUCH more length? I'm trying to start in that direction, but I haven't seen much about it online. I'm looking to do something that resembles that type of system,:small quiet pump, liquid coolant, radiator, tube etc. I'm willing to sacrifice much of the L/hr the system can pump for more tubing. Does anyone have any insight here? Thanks!!

seanm83
21-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi

Might totally misunderstood your question but if you are talking about liquid cooling I would look at what @Asetek are doing who appear to be one of the leading authorities within in liquid cooling for Data Centres. If you're interested in reading more there is a post here http://www.icsdatacentrecooling.co.uk/liquid-cooling-vs-air-cooling/2013/12/ that explains it and has a video with the main guy at Asetek talking about the technology. It's pretty cool because all the waste heat from the servers is re-used to heat a hot tub. Liquid cooling although costly at the moment looks like it could be the future. Hope that helps but I was reading up on liquid cooling myself recently. Are you bit of an inventor then?

northernbeach
12-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Great collection of information, thanks for sharing it.