PDA

View Full Version : York chiller loading issue

sensek75
13-06-2013, 05:21 PM
HI,
the york chiller of the Model: YEWS170SAD we installed in our plant, at the time of starting % of loading increased up to 88 and motor is taking 160Amps, but in running even the temperature of the evaporator is increased also the % of loading not going beyond 60 % becos of this we couldn't maintain the chilled water system. pl can you help somebody

Thanks

Sekar

sedgy
14-06-2013, 07:57 PM
hi sekar,
can you tell me who commissioned the chiller ?= sedgy

sensek75
17-06-2013, 07:12 PM
hi

The system commissioned by service provider of york

hookster
17-06-2013, 07:24 PM
It would be worth checking to make sure you have a temperature differential across the evaporator.
Check flow and pump direction. Some system parameters would be usefull.

sensek75
18-06-2013, 03:36 PM
The evaporator temperature difference is 8 - 9 deg and we maintain the working pressure of chilled water system is 2 - 3 bar pressure

rated pump flow is 115 m3 /hr but we didn't measure the actual flow

hookster
19-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Hi sensek do you have the system set points and pressure/temperatures? Can you explain your plant requirements too? sorry for all questions but to diagnose faults from a distance all the information you can supply makes it more achievable.

goshen
28-06-2013, 05:10 AM
Hi
pls state your actual temp differntial accros the evaporator ,
has the system been limited by york not to load over 60%?
you have a paramter to check this !
stating system refrigerant pressures could be helpful to.
good luck

Grizzly
28-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi sensek.

I don't know about your model of York chiller, maybe someone from York has heard if it?

Anyway that's immaterial, any make of chiller with a half decent controller would unload or restrict the load capacity with a 6 to 8c temperature across it.
Pump pressure is irrelevant, it's the pressure diff across the evap.
You don't tell us how old this chiller is?
Or how long you have had the issue?

If you can measure the flow (as asked for by the above) then I suspect all will become clear.

Most makes of chiller you would expect 3-4c diff fully loaded.

Grizzly