PDA

View Full Version : Piping coupling

Mohammed Nofal
23-05-2013, 06:52 AM
the piping in most cases in HVAC applications is connected by soldering or brazing .. i want to ask if it can be connected by a coupling ? what is the type of coupling is suitable for HVAC application also if anyone know a supplier for it

Tesla
23-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi Mohammed and welcome to the forum.
The other type of connection is called a compression fitting and can be a flare or some type of threaded fitting which will seal two faces to prevent gas leakage. One other type is a shaft seal for a rotating shaft. There are a myriad of suppliers for different types of flare fittings/couplings - best check them out on google. Why do you ask this question - do you have a particular application?

Mohammed Nofal
23-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Hi Mohammed and welcome to the forum.
The other type of connection is called a compression fitting and can be a flare or some type of threaded fitting which will seal two faces to prevent gas leakage. One other type is a shaft seal for a rotating shaft. There are a myriad of suppliers for different types of flare fittings/couplings - best check them out on google. Why do you ask this question - do you have a particular application?

Thank you Tesla and hope to be on of the active members in this forum
actually my friend i'm from PETRA company which is an HVAC OEM , now i'm using brazing and flare for condensing unit connection but as you know flare is not applicable with large diameter i need to find a suitable coupling for that if you have any suggestion

Tesla
23-05-2013, 12:40 PM
That's a really cool place I went there with in 2008 and I liked The Monastery best. Sorry I don't have any suggestion for a large pipe. I have seen a new coupling system on large water pipes where they bolt together like a clamp arrangement. I'm sure if there is something someone here will be able to help.

monkey spanners
23-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Many compressors use rotalock connections, i'm sure they could be used to join pipe too.

install monkey
23-05-2013, 08:46 PM
vulcan lok rings- never used em, some swear by them others hate them, not gonna start using em until manufacturers approve them

Brian_UK
23-05-2013, 10:58 PM
The larger the pipe the better the need for good brazing.