PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn grease on heat exchangers

MattBurnsHVAC
20-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Interested in anyone who has some good ideas to remove tricky grease from basic refrigeration equipment such as under-couters and up-rights. For example portable compressed air or mini hot wash machines? Obviously time being an key issue, and like always not a lot of space in commercial kitchens! Thanks in advance

chemi-cool
20-05-2013, 06:40 PM
http://refrigtech.com/Product/Coil_Cleaners/Viper_Aerosol/viper.html

monkey spanners
20-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Grease gobbler, wear gloves and goggles, don't breathe it in, oh and it will remove paint and melt some plastics.

Copperteck
22-06-2013, 02:11 PM
We use coil degreaser from the climate centre. You water it down in a spray bottle and spray it onto the the condenser . It foams and just pushes the grease off. Then you wash with clean water. Seems to work better when the condenser is warm. As monkey spanners says, PPE and don't get it on anything you don't want to ruin!

FreezerGeezer
23-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Viper I think. Use the orange one as it's designed for use in kitchens & other sensitive applications (food safe). Iirc it's self rinsing as well, so saves quite a bit if time there.

install monkey
23-06-2013, 10:46 AM
turbo torch on low flame shifts grease- not safe but effective- saves wiping up water based cleaners

frank
23-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I always carry a spray bottle of ordinary Flash with Bleach....does it for me and it's safe to use in kitchens.

Used 2 whole bottles on some under ceiling fancoils when the chinese restaurant moved premises and we re-located his A/C units....yuk