PDA

View Full Version : IARP AB400PV Not running

dbr10
24-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi,
I have an IARP AN400PV fridge that is not running (no power to display etc - although previously this was flickering) On investigation the compressor was iced up, as was the evaporator inside underneath the fan. Previously we have heard relays clicking as if stuck from the rear control box. I understand these are prone to icing if the door switch doesn't make contact due to poor hinge design?

It used to at least power on, but now no activity (obviously checked the fuse etc) Any idea of how to diagnose further? I can find spare parts for both the Front digital controller and rear relay box, but at £175 each + VAT can't afford to guess which it is.
Any help much appreciated. I do have a DVM and a good allround electrical background.

Thanks
Dave B.

install monkey
24-02-2013, 06:21 PM
iarps are controlled via the pcb/relay box on the back, if you got 240v live to neutral at the box then its ur board goosed- have u checked the green on/off button on the front- usually double pole switch and only rated at around 6 amp so can fail- bypass it to proove it, the display is wired off the pcb via a 6 core cable- change the lot as if ur display was flickerin then its prob on its way out- the door switch only stops the indoor fans so it could be door not closed or overstocked causing freeze up or comp relay welded- when powered there should be a delay before the comp starts- if not then it could be a parameter in the settings-

Andy AC
24-02-2013, 06:47 PM
It's knackered, don't waste any more time on it. The easy option is to change them both, but as you know, that costs a fortune. What I do is rip out the relay box and the display and probes, and replace with an Eliwell ID Chill or similar. Downside with this is that you have to make the cutout on the front panel a bit bigger, and that can be a pain in the ass. The other problem is that you have to extend wiring and change the probes. Fortunately on an Iarp, all the wiring unplugs, which means you can extend and trace wiring to each component easily, and have all the wiring extensions in the box at the back.
The other advantage is that if the controller fails in the future, it is a simple, relatively cheap and quick repair.

cadwaladr
24-02-2013, 07:20 PM
they make a carel that is shallow add a couple of relays eezipeezi

install monkey
24-02-2013, 07:31 PM
thermomax rcx100 cable tied to the condenser coil will do- 5 mtr probes, bish bash bosh!:confused:

cadwaladr
25-02-2013, 01:17 AM
dont be daft,wedge it behind the cond coil the cable ties could melt then what sort of mess would it be foooool