PDA

View Full Version : Flushing agent..Endo flush or a-gas stuff

jdunc2301
22-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Need to flush out a system after a severe burnout, i have it on good advice that endoflush wont evaporate under vaccum, and i cant be dealing with some of that stuck in the system. Any guidance? Looking for something i can get out and then ensure its out after a good vac

Water chiller 1 + 2 n half inch pipework then a condenser 4mx2m in size...so fair amount of pipework.

thanks x

Tayters
22-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Have used the The stuff from NRS - AK Flush.

It evaporated in the tin I collected it in when the lid was off so guess if you are worried about it getting trapped then a vac should sort it out (but not get the crud out though!).

Cheers,
Andy,

jdunc2301
22-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Thats the stuff...so if it wont get the crud out then......what will it do :D

Tayters
22-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Ha, just shift it all round to the same I suppose!

Endoflush not evaporating? Says who? Not checked myself but if it is a solvent based chemical which I imagine it must be to clean stuff out then surley it would evaporate but perhaps slowly.
Time Jon put a video up on you tube to settle the arguement.

al
23-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Have used endo flush and it wouldn't shift under vac, was 3 years ago so maybe composition has changed, was told by wholesaler it wouldn't evap either, had to drill shraeder into pipes to physically drain it, hence it didn't shift under vac.

alec

hookster
24-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Best flush was with Trichlorofluoromethane (R11) but with an ODP of 1.0 in comparison to R22 of 0.055 you can see the problem!

Endoflush is basically Ethyl Di Glycol (used in brake fluid, print cleaners, paints and wood stains etc) it is a fluid flush and then requires removal. It does not evaporate easily and is usually purged from system with nitrogen.

Before committing to a system flush you need to ascertain how bad your contamination really is. Sludges and carbon deposits are the target for flushing deposits.

A new refrigerant charge, oil changes and burn out cores with after clean monitoring usually suffices.

glenn1340
25-02-2013, 05:51 PM
I`ve used Endoflush and purge it out with dry compressed air (put through a dessicant dryer to give a DP of around -60c). You`ll need a decent compressor and reciever though so it`s only practical on a system which would warrant spending time setting it up. Then purge the air with nitrogen. I do this as the price of nitrogen is exepensive enough without blowing it through pipework to remove Endoflush etc. With dry compressed air you could leave it on all day as the customer is paying for the power used. Youll only use the ntrogen for the final purge.

jdunc2301
25-02-2013, 06:07 PM

Just a couple of photos, sludge and soot in the condenser too!

I've got a company coming in to flush the entire system, apparently they use R22, the system takes 54kg and as an estimation the company told me they use 4x the rated charge to flush it. I'll report back on RE when it gets done. Decided it wasn't worth the risk using endoflush etc...

monkey spanners
25-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Seafoam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDMFhOPHGY

MS :D

Magoo
26-02-2013, 02:18 AM
I have in the past used all the above ideas, all sorts of effectively crap removal products, great for cleaning systems etc., getting the residual effects out systems is the real problem. No real answers apart from truck loads of suction clean up driers and liquid line driers and megga oil changes and oil testing. Sporlan do a really effective suction clean up filtering system.