PDA

View Full Version : Husky ice machine

Marsay
21-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi I have been having problems with a husky ice machine (no details wotsoeva) on it I would say maybe 60kg it's a decent size-:
Problem started about 6 weeks ago were customer said there was a big block of ice on evap plate and no cubes was dropping,so with customer been a good 40min drive I said turn machine off leave over night switch back on in morning and go from there,anyway machine worked fine again for 4-6 weeks please any advise or suggestions would be great

Picked machine up and ran in workshop first thing I noticed was compressor was freezing up like sweating it was that cold so took gas out and recharged 400g r134a
Left on test same thing comp started icing up
What I did notice is the discharge is nice and warm for maybe first 3-5 mins of a cycle then rapidly starts to loose heat which is obviously no good when it goes to defrost the plate,hot gas valve working all ok any suggestions
Comp is danfoss sc21g r134a LBP

al
21-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Sounds like liquid coming back, confirm with a superheat reading. might be an issue with the cooling coil coming away from the cubes.

alec

chemi-cool
22-02-2013, 01:41 PM
have you changed the drier? 134 tends to block it.
Is the evaporator surface freezes evenly?

Frikkie
22-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Please don't take this as professional advice, I'm not a refrigeration guy. I had an old ice making machine give intermittant freezing back to the compressor and very slow ice making. I had to call an expert eventually who found the expansion valve had been replaced with the incorrect type previously. He installed a new valve which he said was 'unmopped' and it did the trick. He did explain at the time what the unmopped part means but it was more than a few years ago and unfortunately I can't remember.

Good luck getting it working.