PDA

View Full Version : Brazing Tip

shark26
17-01-2006, 12:35 PM
:eek: When you have just brazed the suction tube onto a compressor do not I repeat do not TOUCH IT...
I brazed it and then neede to move the comp about 5mm to line fixing bolts up. SO I DID.
OUCH. it hurts.:mad:

Brian_UK
17-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Well we shouldn't teach a grandmother to suck eggs and all that but, whoaaa there.....

Did many different words come to mind while you were doing it or are you having the tip of your tongue sown back on??

bernard
17-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi I fitted a false ceiling into my van about 2 months ago and for some reason today I forgot about it,I jump in to get out of the rain and nearly de-capatated my self:o :o

Regards Bernard

chillin out
17-01-2006, 07:42 PM
What I always get cought out on is braizing a shrieder access pipe in when the comp is not in position, and then picking it up forgetting the brass end is as hot as the devils knob.:mad:

Chillin:) :)

frank
17-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi I fitted a false ceiling into my van about 2 months ago and for some reason today I forgot about it,I jump in to get out of the rain and nearly de-capatated my self:o :o

Regards Bernard
Is it a "lay in grid" type Bernard with nice Armstrong Dune tiles? :D :D

phil68
17-01-2006, 08:41 PM
I once worked for a company piping-up environmental test chambers & the director was one of those guys that couldn't stay in his office. He was always in the factory fiddling with things & making a general nuisance of himself, being more of a hinderance than help. One day I had just brazed-up a section of pipe ready to fit when he came over & before I could warn him he picked the pipe up. There was a puff of smoke from his hand & his eyes dissapeared up inside his head. Without a word he placed the pipe back down & walked back to his office. Didn't see him again for the rest of that day:D

bernard
17-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi Frank

Afraid not it was a peice of 4mm ply from the side of a human fruit machine I built for my kids fair.If anyone has a charity event coming up then the human fruit machine will have them cueing up,apart from the other one I do (see who can hold the peice of copper pipe i,ve just heated up the longest):D :D :D

Regards Bernard

frank
17-01-2006, 10:11 PM
(see who can hold the peice of copper pipe i,ve just heated up the longest)

hi Bernard

Why not give Shark26 a ring - I'm sure he'll want to play :D :D

dogma
18-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Burn stories...heres one

I was building a package unit and had the drier in the vice brasing the tails on when this chick starts talking to me. Now I didn't want to be rude so I turned to acknowedge her. Now she one of those "close talkers", I step back and rest my arm.....Well wholely slappn' ducks nuts, my forearm fused to the copper. I gently pulled back leaving a piece of skin 2" by 1/2" stuck on the drier.

She didn't realise what had happened, so I excused myself and made haste to first aid. When I get there shes busy chatting so I patiently waited for almost 10mins.

The package unit is now in New Zealand with my charred remains and I still carry the scar.

shark26
18-01-2006, 10:23 AM
hi Bernard

Why not give Shark26 a ring - I'm sure he'll want to play :D :D

Yeah lets do it. I have one hand left still working.

(How hard is it to type with burnt fingers...) :) :) :p

slingblade
18-01-2006, 05:22 PM
A mate of mine runs a metal fab shop near me, he was removing a large nut and bolt from something with burning gear (white hot) as it was rusted solid. as it dropped to the floor a mate of his (not an engineer) picked it up and immediatley screamed and threw it on the floor, the question followed "was that heavy?" lol.

shark26
19-01-2006, 03:13 PM
At last the pain is gone.. Well only when i dont use my hand.

andre_fridge
24-01-2006, 07:17 PM
one of the things that i learnt very early was when brazing the big pipes its easier and faster to use a number 2 welding nozzle on the portable oxy acytelene works great!!!!!!!!!
till the day day that i was welding up a section of piping and took my eyes off the job to see what the labourer was upto when i realised that the welding hand had followed the eyes, cutting nozzles can scortch flesh, suprisingly the smell was worse than burnt pig, burn took three months to heal!