PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux ENN 28600 - stopped workin

Lecksicun
10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Hi all

It's my first post - thanks in advance to anyone who can help

We have had an intermittently surging electrical supply for 48 hours, and although no fuses have gone (so far), our 2 year old Fridge freezer has stopped working. I assumed the fuse had blown, but it has not - and the socket is fine too.

So this is either an incredible co-incidence, or the surging / dimming power supply has affected the unit... I am reasonably practical, but not really up to a huge job if it is likely to be one...

i wonder if anyone can suggest what might have failed, as the user manual is hopeless. is there an internal fuse? Is the motor susceptible to power surges? Is there a secret re-boot button ;-) ?

loathe to call an engineer unless I have no choice...

thanks again in advance!

tonto33
10-01-2013, 07:00 PM
bypass thermostat and see if it works

Lecksicun
10-01-2013, 09:16 PM
thank you... I've just off-loaded freezer contents to neighbour... so will try just that... Is it safe to assume thermostat is easy to spot once the access cover at the back of the freezer compartment is removed? (it's a built-in model...)

chillerman2006
11-01-2013, 12:09 PM
thank you... I've just off-loaded freezer contents to neighbour... so will try just that... Is it safe to assume thermostat is easy to spot once the access cover at the back of the freezer compartment is removed? (it's a built-in model...)

You Need To Call Out an Engineer !!!