PDA

View Full Version : Load Current VS Compressor Oil Level

MayankBhatia
09-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Hey I am confused a liitle about i am working on Single screw Compressor, air cooled chiller what i am noticng is if oil level is more than rated it draws more current than rated at a particular load.

Dont know whether i am right or wrong,Please clarify my doubts

Also what happens if oil level in compressor is more and less?

GHAZ
09-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi oil in compressor is increased when it running loaded and when unloaded the oil level is low because its stuck in the evapoater

MayankBhatia
10-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Thats Fine but wat if i fill up the Oil more than the level indicated in the oil level?SDoes it effect Load Current

sandybapat
10-01-2013, 05:31 AM
Dear Mayank

In horizontal oil separator if the oil level is higher than the indicated level, probably the demister pad might be covered by oil and the c/s area available for the gas might be reduced. This will increase the pressure drop across oil separator and consequently discharge pressure might be more consuming more power.

Suppose you have 15 bar condensing pressure and considering pressure drop in oil separator and discharge line compressor discharge pressure may be 15.2 bar. When oil level rises and pressure drop in oil separator is more for same condensing pressure compressor diacharge pressure may go up to 15.5 bar. Correspondingly compressor will draw more power.

Sandybapat

MayankBhatia
10-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Thank you for your reply...Can u little bit explain me which pressure drop you are talking about?and how?As the gas oil level increases then C/s area for gas will be reduce but how the pressure drop increases?
Dear Mayank

In horizontal oil separator if the oil level is higher than the indicated level, probably the demister pad might be covered by oil and the c/s area available for the gas might be reduced. This will increase the pressure drop across oil separator and consequently discharge pressure might be more consuming more power.

Suppose you have 15 bar condensing pressure and considering pressure drop in oil separator and discharge line compressor discharge pressure may be 15.2 bar. When oil level rises and pressure drop in oil separator is more for same condensing pressure compressor diacharge pressure may go up to 15.5 bar. Correspondingly compressor will draw more power.

Sandybapat

MayankBhatia
10-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Thank you for your reply...Can u little bit explain me which pressure drop you are talking about?and how?As the gas oil level increases then C/s area for gas will be reduce but how the pressure drop increases?
Dear Mayank

Sandybapat

sandybapat
10-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Dear mayank

Which model chiller you are having? What type of oil separator is there?

Sandybapat

MayankBhatia
10-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Im having Single screw compressor of J&E hall HS3200 Series

GHAZ
11-01-2013, 04:20 PM
On frame 3200 there is a nrv inside between the oil seperator and compressor. There is a plate with nrv on it. May be it broken or not seating and when oil lrvel rises it flow on to main screw and cause high ampage or load effect

MayankBhatia
18-01-2013, 07:27 AM
no the compressor is very new..can you tel me how much should be the oil level in compressor?

GHAZ
18-01-2013, 08:39 AM
The oil level should be half way on the sight glass