PDA

View Full Version : Need some help if possible.... Its about the fan in the heating mode...

David45Morton
06-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi To All and a Happy New Year...

The Unit is 2 types... A/C above the unit is Carrier and the Heating unit is a Tempstar... on a Central A/C - Heating Unit for an apartment.

It has been awhile since I have been here and asked a question and ur help the last time saved me from having to charge a customer alot of Money... So hope you can help again...

I have an elderly couple... While their unit is in the heating mode then fan runs none stop... It does heat according to the Thermostat setting... The burners come on when they are suppose to but when it reaches the desire Temp the fan keeps running.. It will not shut off.. The fan runs 24/7 and this only happens in the Heating mode not the cooling mode... So if it is possible can anyone help with the trouble shooting... The Thermostat is new as it was just replaced last month and was working fine up until yesterday...

Would appreciate any help that you can offer in helping me trouble shoot this problem...

Thanks David

install monkey
06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
is there a pipe sensor /klixon that should keep the fan running to dissipate the heat from the heat exchanger- if that's cooked the fan will run continuous, also check the stat output, normally
W1 .............Auxiliary heat is energized as back-up or emergency
heat
Y1 ..............Compressor is energized with a call for heating or
cooling
G................Fan operates with a call for heating or cooling or by
pressing the FAN button.

ollom
08-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi To All and a Happy New Year...

The Unit is 2 types... A/C above the unit is Carrier and the Heating unit is a Tempstar... on a Central A/C - Heating Unit for an apartment.

It has been awhile since I have been here and asked a question and ur help the last time saved me from having to charge a customer alot of Money... So hope you can help again...

I have an elderly couple... While their unit is in the heating mode then fan runs none stop... It does heat according to the Thermostat setting... The burners come on when they are suppose to but when it reaches the desire Temp the fan keeps running.. It will not shut off.. The fan runs 24/7 and this only happens in the Heating mode not the cooling mode... So if it is possible can anyone help with the trouble shooting... The Thermostat is new as it was just replaced last month and was working fine up until yesterday...

Would appreciate any help that you can offer in helping me trouble shoot this problem...

Thanks David
If there is a fan timmer relay change it. If none change the fan timmer board if I had the model number of the furnace I could tell you for sure what it is.