PDA

View Full Version : Daikin brc1e51a7

Michiel
29-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and I really hope someone can help me.

We have a Daikin system to cool and heat the rooms in our office individually, each room has a Daikin BRC1E51A7 wall unit to set the desired temperature. The unit on the roof of our building eithers cools or heat, depending on the average demand of the rooms. The problem we have, is that in some rooms when warming up to say 21 degrees celsius, the fan doesn't stop running (runs slowly), and so the room heats up to about 26 degrees celsius. The engineers of the company who installed the whole system have been here al lot of times, without result. So we decided to take a look ourselves. After a long search on the internet we found the changing field setting for mode 22, field 3 to 3 (was 1) made the fan stop when the temperature was reached, and so the room stayed round 20.5 and 21.5 degrees celsius. The problem we now have is, that when the system switches to cooling the fan won't stop running even when the set room temperature has been reached. so it becomes to cold (18 degrees Celsius). My question is, can someone please give me some details about what the different modes and field settings are/do, I couldn't find any description of it anywhere.

Thanks for any help!

Kind regards,
Michiel

install monkey
29-12-2012, 12:51 PM
fan operation shouldn't affect the room temperature, maybe lev passing(electronic valve actuator) passing causing additional influx in temperature range. check the controllers are set to 10-2-01 operate off return air/room sensor average, also 12-2-02 0.5deg changeover . only do this if there is no fresh air input into the unit, check the system isn't set for +4deg upshift in heating mode, also set louvre position to 1- more horizontal-13-4-01 also ensure office doors are shut as if the open area is at a lower setpoint or colder than the offices the units are gonna chug their nuts off!!!

The Viking
29-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Another experiment for you to try is to put one indoor unit at a time to COOL and the rest to fan only.
Wait for ten minutes and make sure the chosen unit is cooling but that no other units are.
Then repeat this for all the indoor units.

:cool:

install monkey
29-12-2012, 01:17 PM
sent you e mail, to add what Viking suggests- if you can goto setting mode 41 and read coil temperatures of the units in fan only mode to save getting a thermometer out. hold set for 10 seconds, then setting mode 10 is displayed press set again to get to setting 40, temp up displays 41- thermistor values- not mauled with a brc1e controller yet

Michiel
29-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Thank you very much for your reply!

Ik was looking into the pdf, but I can't seem to find a description for mode 22 first code 3 and second code 3, that was the setting we changed. The indoor units themselve cannot switch to cool, this is controled by the main unit, it eithers heats or cools, in each room there a several air outlets in the ceiling connected to a fan/indoor unit, I believe the main unit (on the roof) feeds the indoor units with either heat or cold (coils) and the fans located in each room fill the room with either heat or cold. Thanks everyone for helping, i will try your suggestions as soon as I'm in the building.

Thanks!

Michiel

The Viking
29-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Michiel,

Is there one remote controller per room?
If not is there wall mounted temperature sensors?

:cool:

install monkey
29-12-2012, 07:12 PM
12(22)

Air flow rate with thermostat OFF
(Support for increased capacity of air
cleaning unit.)
LL Set airflow rate 22-3-03 isn't a setting 22-3-01 or 22-3-02

Thank you very much for your reply!

Ik was looking into the pdf, but I can't seem to find a description for mode 22 first code 3 and second code 3, that was the setting we changed. The indoor units themselve cannot switch to cool, this is controled by the main unit, it eithers heats or cools, in each room there a several air outlets in the ceiling connected to a fan/indoor unit, I believe the main unit (on the roof) feeds the indoor units with either heat or cold (coils) and the fans located in each room fill the room with either heat or cold. Thanks everyone for helping, i will try your suggestions as soon as I'm in the building.

Thanks!

Michiel

frank
29-12-2012, 07:59 PM
It sounds as though you have a 2 pipe heat pump where either the Master indoor fan coil or the outdoor unit is programmed to change modes.
Do you have any model numbers?

Michiel
29-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi Frank,

Yes, it is a 2 pipe heat pump where the outdoor unit changes mode, the mode is visible on the wall units, each room has it's own wall unit, a brc1e51a7, controlling the fan(s). I believe that if enough rooms require a lower temperature the outdoor unit switches from heating to cooling. There is also a master unit, that has a schedule wich starts to heat the building at 04:00 in the morning. On monday I'll get some more specific information about the part numbers, I'll also will take a picture of the wall unit displaying mode 22

Thanks,
Michiel