PDA

View Full Version : Tracer CH532 fault

suncat78
17-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with Tracer CH532 chiller. Last two days its periodically shows following fault:

ALARM LP CKT1 FAULT. As much as I get from user manual its means Suction pressure is to low on circuit 1.

Does its means that I need to change compressor or exist any other problem?

Regards,

Suncat

Grizzly
17-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi suncat.
Welcome to the forum.
I am assuming from the questions you post. That you are maybe an end user and not a fridge tech?
Basically the alarm means that the suction pressure is or has been low on that circuit.
Which needs investigating to find out what the cause is.
Low suction can have many causes, however I cannot think where the compressor would be at fault.

Grizzly

suncat78
17-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Thank you for replay Grizzly.

Yes I am an end user, but I try to sort some faults, using forums or advices from clever people.
How do you think that can be the problem and can I sort it? Or better call to some maintenance guy?

Suncat

Grizzly
17-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Thank you for replay Grizzly.

Yes I am an end user, but I try to sort some faults, using forums or advices from clever people.
How do you think that can be the problem and can I sort it? Or better call to some maintenance guy?

Suncat

The most logical answers would all require further works, which of cause would require the services of a suitably qualified engineer.
You may reset the system and find all OK.
I don't have details for your model so I would be guessing as to what has caused your problem.
If as I suspect it is a chiller then things like poor flow or very cold ambients can cause LP faults.
A leak also has to be considered!
Try reseting the system and see what happens.
If all fails call in the troops!
Good Luck Grizzly

suncat78
17-12-2012, 10:57 AM
I have reseted system many times, it helps for about one hours and then fault come back again.
User manual says : require manula reset after 3 faults within 1 hour.
This fault started then ambient temp become below 0 C, but now is + 6 but fault still come.
I think I need to call some fridge enginner to sort this out.
Grizzly thank you for you answers.

CV_Geardrive
18-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi suncat,
Let me try to give you some causes for your issue.
Refrigerant leak.
Faulty low pressure transducer. (Or faulty CH532. Very rare)
Faulty expansion valve.
Bad fan operation adjustment.
Bad low refrigerant temperature / pressure limit adjustment.
If the unit is single circuit you may have poor water flow. (Check water filter and unit specs for nominal water flow / water pressure drop)
Usually for low ambient temperatures, you need to have speed controller in one fan of your circuit. (Check specs of your unit. Ambient limit and if unit has speed controller(s))
As Grizzly said, you have to call a qualified engineer if your water filter is OK.
If you have faulty expansion valve and reset again and again you may drain oil of compressors. (NOT GOOD)
The unit is chiller or a heatpump?
Some of above apply only in chiller units.
("Change compressor" or "charge", with refrigerant, "compressor"?? For sure not change)
Regards,
CV

RusBuka
18-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Сударь, вам уже на холод консультанте ответили, ошибка по низкому следствие очень многих факторов начиная от убежавшего фреона, до низкого расхода теплоносителя и не правильной настройки вентиляторов.

http://holod-konsultant.ru/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1355741705

если это вы конечно.

And with google translator: [for those who don't speak Russian and not knowing the advantages of Google translate]

Sir, you have to chill adviser said, the error in the low result of many factors, ranging from runaway ***** to the low water flow and proper configuration of fans.

http://holod-konsultant.ru/cgi-bin/y...num=1355741705

if you are sure.