PDA

View Full Version : over condensing..

ah fai
08-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi all,

Any idea for ***** R22 system over condensing? over sizing for watercool condenser?
and what is the right pressure and temperature for the system?

thanks.

monkey spanners
08-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I would think 30C would be a good minimum condensing temperature, though it depends on you system, expect a balanced port txv or an eev would cope better with low condensing temperatures.

Heres a vid i took of an air cooled system in winter time,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l28FPhN3yY4

martinw58
08-12-2012, 09:46 PM
i think water temp rise of between 5 or 10 degc condensing water temp

ah fai
09-12-2012, 09:04 PM
ok, thanks for ur reply.

BradC
18-12-2012, 09:06 AM
I recently replaced the air cooled condenser on my heat pump with a *big* bphx. It used to condense at abut 55-60C and now condenses at ~25C with ~1.5K subcooling. I had already replaced the fixed orifice with an EEV, so I don't know what the drop in pressure would have done to the original metering device. I can say that the capacity of the system has increased significantly.

I suspect as long as your metering device can cope with the reduced pressure differential, the lower you can condense, the better. My ground water loop is at about 20C so I can't really get it much lower than I am right now.

I'm waiting on a flow meter to arrive so I can properly quantify the heat being rejected into the water.

Overall, and taking into account replacing a 30W condenser fan with a 150W water pump, my net power consumption has dropped over 750W, but I'm also moving a *lot* more heat. My supply air temp has dropped from 17C to 13C on average.

Magoo
18-12-2012, 11:41 PM
The ideal SDT for R22 is between +32 and +35 'C to maintain system balance. Use a water regulatig valve pressure controlled on outlet water on water cooled condenser, on larger systems have a minimum flow bypass to maintain flow to stop water pump dead heading with no flow

BradC
19-12-2012, 02:55 AM
The ideal SDT for R22 is between +32 and +35 'C to maintain system balance.

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that a bit of a handwaving generality? I'd have thought the ideal would be what the system was designed for as a minimum rather than some arbitrary value.