PDA

View Full Version : tecumseh single phase compressor wiring

GHAZ
29-11-2012, 06:55 PM
hi guys im working on a small 3kw water chiller and the compressor is being changed. The original comp had only 1 run capacitor and thermal oload.But the new comp has start cap and run cap and a relay supplied with it. On the comp it has everthing same details but on the box it came in says CSR.Can it be wired same as old one with only 1run capacitor or do i need to wire it in with full set of electrics it came in with.Thankyou

install monkey
29-11-2012, 08:16 PM
wire as a csr comp, just l,n,e to the box, make sure the box is mounted securely and upright, you will wire a pressure switch accross L and 1- if no press switch the fit a link,also hook ur cond fan up to 1,n e job done

chemi-cool
29-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Hey ghaz, its all here:
http://www.embraco.com/desktopmodules/downloadsadmin/arquivos/mp01eg.pdf

GHAZ
29-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Thankyou guys. I couldnt understand why 1 comp runs on run cap connected to the start winding and new machine comed in with different electrics set up

install monkey
29-11-2012, 10:06 PM
1 cap compressor- psc type high start torque, you'll know for next time

GHAZ
29-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Thankyou for info friend

Rob White
30-11-2012, 09:36 AM
hi guys im working on a small 3kw water chiller and the compressor is being changed. The original comp had only 1 run capacitor and thermal oload.But the new comp has start cap and run cap and a relay supplied with it. On the comp it has everthing same details but on the box it came in says CSR.Can it be wired same as old one with only 1run capacitor or do i need to wire it in with full set of electrics it came in with.Thankyou

Just out of interest are you planning on using the old electrics on the
new compressor? It always makes sense to replace all the electrics
with the new ones supplied, because there may be something wrong
with the old electrics!

Regards

Rob

GHAZ
30-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi rob i changed all new electrics