PDA

View Full Version : new compressor starting problem

omnipro
15-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi, everybody,

We just completed a Bitzer 6B6462PL reciprocating compressor replacement.

But when we started the unit, in 10 seconds, I heard abnormal metal scratch noise at end the movement. Before I tried to turn off the power, the contactor opened and compressor stopped.

Whole installation we strictly follow the procedures as KB-115-6 by Bitzer. We added the proper quantity Bitzer comp. oil. Before starting, we turned on the oil heater more than 24 hrs.

What happened here? Does oil pump in the semi hermetic compressor work abnormally? Or the turning direction of the compressor really affects the oil pump working?

Thanks for your help.

Coorsman777
15-11-2012, 08:52 PM
I have had it happen where a comp scrambled about 5 secs after start up. I was told it was just a manufacturing defect.

omnipro
15-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks Coorsman

So how did the problem solved? You put another new one?

yorkman_gr
16-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Hi omnipro.
What probably happen, is that the metals parts was all dried out due long period of standing, in the first place what you should did was pre lubricate the compressor with a hand pump, about 1/2 LITER should be enough.
What i will suggest to you is, if you have time open the compressor and estimate the damages, maybe you got lucky and the damages is up to minimum, but once the crank shaft is having to much scratches and metals parts sticked forget it go for a new one and don't forget to pre lubricate

good luck

Coorsman777
16-11-2012, 01:49 PM
The comp scrambled so the manufacturer gave us a new one.

upul45
25-01-2013, 02:05 PM
please some body tell me how to find HP.from the name plait of Bitzer semi hermetic compressor

passandscore
25-01-2013, 07:24 PM
http://www.uri.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/PrcTransaction/-/en_US/docs/11-catalog02.pdf

RONB
25-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi Omnipro
Was the compressor on a condensing unit or central plant(rack/pack).? Did you recharge the system with new refrigerant or did you use the existing refrigerant ? If you used the existing refrigerant,once you opened the main suction valve to the compressor you may have allowed migrated liquid refrigerant into the crankcase. This could have happened because of the original compressor failing the system could not be pumped down and any refrigerant downstream of the liquid solenoid would condense over time. When you opened the main suction valve as I have previously said,liquid may have entered the crankcase and the sound you heard was the compressor trying to pump liquid. It would sound like a very loud knocking. Hopefully that's what has happened and no damage may have been done. If you are not sure you can isolate the comp and remove the head and valve plate to inspect the pistons for damage.

nuwanchamara
21-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I think Mr. RONB is correct.

Frikkie
22-02-2013, 09:10 PM
A friend of mine destroyed a brand new compressor when he installed it with the rubber stopper still in the discharge hole and it took the two of us a long time to figure out the problem. I would expect refrigeration engineers are more clever about these things than us farmers so I hope this wasn't the problem in the first post above.