PDA

View Full Version : Geneglace F250 R1.ABF flake ice head.

Magoo
27-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Would anyone have service manual for this machine. Geneglace web site has limited access.

I have one that is not breaking off ice and need info on salt to water mix.
magoo

Grizzly
28-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi Magoo.
Hopefully someone has been able to help off forum.

I don't know of any of these units in my part of the UK.
I have been told by the trawlermen that I talk to when working on the Finsam units we look after that they are common along the French coast.
Being a French GEA owned company I am not so surprised.And Yes you are correct their website is not very giving to non GEA employees.
I did manage to solve a Years old issue, with Ice production on one of them.
Where a set of plates that would not produce Ice comparable to the other 3 sets.
This was due to water flow and its temp.

Grizzly

joe-ice
29-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I have an old book on paper (havent worked on these for a while).It gives the salt consumption for an f250of 4.5 kgin a 30litre can for 6days continous usage with a pumped dosing system.Lack of salt machine would be noisy flakes would brake off very small

Magoo
29-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi Joe Ice.
Thanks for information. magoo

all seasons ref
30-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Would anyone have service manual for this machine. Geneglace web site has limited access.

I have one that is not breaking off ice and need info on salt to water mix.
magoo

This may be caused by numerous problems one of which may be a salt issue. Another major failure that causing ice not to break off the drum could be the main shaft or reamer bearings.
We are based in Lincolnshire with over 20 years experience and travel all over the UK offering maintenance and repair work on all Geneglace ice machines. Visit us at www.allseasons-ltd.co.uk

Magoo
30-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks All Seasons for reply.

I was working on icehead yesterday and noted the reamer flutes were farely flat and the bevell was non existent, trying to crush ice, its coming out for repair or replacement.

Peter_1
31-10-2012, 06:24 AM
I have one ..somewhere. PM me your private email if you still need it Magoo.

cricri
31-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Magoo

check your Email,
the good amount of salt is 80 to 110 g per ton of flake ice produced.
the set point depend if you use pure salt, brine or saturated brine.

PS: you'll have to test your french

all seasons ref
31-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks All Seasons for reply.

I was working on icehead yesterday and noted the reamer flutes were farely flat and the bevell was non existent, trying to crush ice, its coming out for repair or replacement.

Hi Magoo.

The reamer is supposed to be pointed but still have a slight flat surface but may be corroded or worn badly if the bearing has collapsed and the torque limit switch has been constantly reset to force the machine to produce ice. If thats the case, email me and i will send you through options.

regards

Mark Thomas
info@allseasons-ltd.co.uk

Peter_1
31-10-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm interesetd too in your options because we have several Geneglace's running.

Magoo
31-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi All Seasons Mark.
we have the fluted cutter out and bottom bearing is flogged out and the flutes damages, most are flat. Its at a machine shop to see what can be done to repair it.

regards magoo