PDA

View Full Version : Liebherr Biofresh Integrated Fridge runs +9c

BobbyV
19-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I have an 8 year old bio-fresh fridge (KIB2840 Index 23A/003) which runs continually at +9c. Sensors, PCB and fan have all been replaced and the system checked by a qualified gas engineer. The service engineer employed shrugged his shoulders, said there was nothing else he could do and walked away from the job after 3 attempts to rectify the problem.

The new PCB has been replaced with the original PCB and the fan has been replaced with the original fan, which is not working. An independent fan was placed in the fridge and ran for a couple of hours but this had no effect on the temperature. The temperature has been checked with a fridge thermometer, which reads the same as the fridge display.

Is a possible solution a faulty evaporator temperature probe? Should the service engineer have been able to detect this easily? If so what is the likely cost of replacement?

Any possible solutions would be welcome as I have already paid over £100 for sensors I did not need.

grizwold
25-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Bobby

There is an evaporator fan door switch ive replaced several as they corrode away. ask Liebherr for "Repair kit for BioFresh fan cable",
No. 9590 156.

it should be located at the back of the plate were the fan is located.

Thanks

Graham

BobbyV
27-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Bobby

There is an evaporator fan door switch ive replaced several as they corrode away. ask Liebherr for "Repair kit for BioFresh fan cable",
No. 9590 156.

it should be located at the back of the plate were the fan is located.

Thanks

Graham

Thank you Graham. I will give this a try.

Bobbyv