PDA

View Full Version : Stress relief.

slingblade
17-12-2005, 12:08 PM
After a hard day pulling spanners we all need to relax and unwind. does anyone have any thoughts on how best to relieve the stress we can all suffer from on a daily basis.
one way i find to vent anger and relieve stress is to download pictures from the internet and stick them on a dartboard. hurling darts then is very satisfying especially if you hit them in the eye. the key to this is to use pictures of nasty or fundamentally unlikeable people.
here are three to get you started, have fun.

Daddy Cool
20-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Where I come from, that's fighting talk.

slingblade
07-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Where I come from, that's fighting talk.

Chill out bud, this is intended to relieve stress and it works for me.:rolleyes:

abdulazman
11-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Here, you can do a distant cousin too....
Whats that all about:rolleyes: dun understand matie. explain plz.:eek: :eek:

abdulazman
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Chill out bud, this is intended to relieve stress and it works for me.:rolleyes:
What,the sort of relieveve stress, intro you another form, take the remaining soap solution that was use earlier as leak detector, go to the head and s**g it of jack:cool: :cool: . lol:D :D :D

slingblade
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
What,the sort of relieveve stress, intro you another form, take the remaining soap solution that was use earlier as leak detector, go to the head and s**g it of jack:cool: :cool: . lol:D :D :D

I have no answer to that as it is clearly nonsense. if you would like help expressing yourself in English please let me know and i will be happy to assist.

abdulazman
11-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Basically, which part you dun understand lad. (s**g), let me put to you ( masturbate). Its not utterly nonsense, impracticable I believe.
Cheerio lad.

slingblade
11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Basically, which part you dun understand lad. (s**g), let me put to you ( masturbate). Its not utterly nonsense, impracticable I believe.
Cheerio lad.

I am quite sure that the strange dialect you seem to have picked up in Malaysia makes perfect sense in your head, however.....

the sort of relieveve stress

i presume you mean "the sort of stress relief"

go to the head and s**g it of jack

Which or whose head? who or what is jack?

intro you another form

"let me introduce you to another form" is possibly what you mean.

take the remaining soap solution that was use earlier as leak detector

Which soap solution are you making reference to, who was using it and when?

So it would seem that apart from the fact you cannot construct a coherant sentance the content of your post is not related to the topic at hand. it may have been more easily understood if you just posed the question "have you tried masturbation?" or , as i suspect, it may not.

slingblade
11-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Well, have you tried masturbation or not? :) :)

throwing darts at pricks is much more entertaining than pulling them.;)

abdulazman
11-01-2006, 05:22 PM
If you are a seamen or put it easily, a navy, when they say i'm going to the head, what they mean is that they are going to the toilet. If they say I'm going to see the man about the dog, it means that i am going to sh*t. And I don't understand what had all this got to do with english.
Hey lad, look at all that are involves in this column, the abbreviations and nouns used and some of the spellings are absurd and you call that english. My,my what common sense you lad has and ultimately no sense of humour and insecure.
A RESPECTABLE Englishmen will not react in this manner brandishing one persons' country identity. Read and understand the sentence(not sentance) lad.

abdulazman
11-01-2006, 05:24 PM
throwing darts at pricks is much more entertaining than pulling them.;)
Why not cooked and taste them:D :D they sure taste like **** sausage or sausage **** whatever and if can't finished get it refrgerated.

slingblade
11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Why not cooked and taste them:D :D they sure taste like **** sausage or sausage **** whatever and if can't finished get it refrgerated.

I beg your pardon. please explain. you further poorly constructed sentences with more poorly constructed sentences that have words blanked out by obscure text. i am not a mind reader and my crystal ball is at the cleaners this week.

abdulazman
12-01-2006, 06:39 AM
I beg your pardon. please explain. you further poorly constructed sentences with more poorly constructed sentences that have words blanked out by obscure text. i am not a mind reader and my crystal ball is at the cleaners this week.
OOpsss :eek: you've got no balls this week, no wonder you only got the prick to hold on to. Or you could be a mufferdeck :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Can't understand or under can't stand. BOZO
Cheerio lad.

dogma
12-01-2006, 10:47 AM
lol. you guys are nutters. i love it. lol

slingblade
13-01-2006, 09:30 AM
Ignore him, abdulazman, he's carrying a chip on his shoulder. He'll get over it. His attempts to persuade everyone to drop too his level will one day be replaced with attempts to contribute technical substance, I hope.

I was unaware that "chit chat & service stories" required any technical substance, mate.:p

Cofreth
13-01-2006, 01:01 PM
javascript:emoticon(':fust:')

slingblade
13-01-2006, 01:29 PM
javascript:emoticon(':fust:')

Could not have put it better myself.:D

abdulazman
14-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Marc n u guys,
Nice to be back, system was down for few days. Stranded, ferry to n fro JB - S'pore - JB. System up back to normal.
How's the weather there everyone?

slingblade
15-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Its a little cold but the sun is out, thanks for asking.

abdulazman
15-01-2006, 01:25 PM
At lease you guys are lucky to have 4 seasons, here either hot all year long accompanied with heat stroke or rain till it flood. Sometime ended with catastrophe.
God bless everyone.

rpbuenaflor
15-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Ohhhh what a day my stress commpletely releived, thanks guys and more power to everyone!

slingblade
15-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Ohhhh what a day my stress commpletely releived, thanks guys and more power to everyone!

My dart game does work then it would seem.

shark26
19-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Try playing Couter Strike online on PC.
By the way are you two friends now lol

slingblade
20-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Try playing Couter Strike online on PC.
By the way are you two friends now lol

I prefer C&C zero hour or a good one at the moment is call of duty 2. and NO.

shark26
21-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Not played those but might have a look. Battlefield 2 is suposed to be good but you need a good computer and even better graphics card. (not my laptop then).

slingblade
21-01-2006, 12:21 PM
command & conquer generals zero hour is an awesome game but you will need some power from your pc to fully get the benifit. i run a p4 at 3ghz with 1024 ddr ram and an fx5700 graphics card. try to stick to noob only games at first or you will get creamed. who knows maybe ill bump into you online and spank your bottom, looking forward to a good match. lol.

shark26
22-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Sounds good. Might well be the next game that i purchase. I have a P4 3g comp but its upstairs out of the way. ( the other half gets a bit lonely when i spend all night locked away ) The latency and fps that i get from that combined with a 10 Meg connection is great.!
Do need a better graphics card though. money money money.

chillin out
22-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Eh hum, excuse me, I hate to interrupt, but isn't this thread supposed to be about me?

LOL LOL LOL ........

Chillin:) :)

slingblade
23-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Eh hum, excuse me, I hate to interrupt, but isn't this thread supposed to be about me?

In a word, no. its about various ways to relieve stress, hence the title "stress relief". i believe it was Carly Simon who composed "Youre so vain you probably think this song is about you". all thats needed here is the substitution of the word post for song.

You people have lost the plot !!

I fear once again that it is you who has lost the plot, assuming of course you were ever aware of it in the first place.

Lazarus
23-01-2006, 02:35 PM
LOL now its ROTFPMP

shark26
23-01-2006, 04:00 PM
That kind off talk just makes my stress levels go up again...
Its time to go online killing again. How about you slingblade :) lol

slingblade
24-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Yep, i kill stuff online nearly as much as i go to the pub. excellent stress relief in both cases.

shark26
24-01-2006, 06:47 PM
lol lol lol aggghhhhhh

slingblade
24-01-2006, 08:09 PM
You people are hopeless, it's obviously another sad case of ADHD !!

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. there you go ill spell it for you. if its so obvious then you are sure to be able to provide details of your qualifications in the field of mental health to back up yet another unfounded and irrelevant statement.

slingblade
25-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Stay focused in what respect? the topic of internet gaming is highly relevant to the subject of stress relief as there are hundreds of thousands of people over the planet who relax and enjoy this pleasant pastime. the matter of drinking in pubs is subject to the same but i think in this case the numbers are more like hundreds of millions. i see no lack of focus other than the fact i have now explained the subject of posts on this thread to you a second time, ie. the lack of focus is on your part.

shark26
25-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Thank you, now this time please try stay focused !!

What with ADHD !!!!!!!!!!

shark26
25-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I find reading helps with stress. Try this one.

www.ralphmag.org/obrienX.html

chillin out
25-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi Slingblade,

Have you tried any games from this site..

http://www.reflexive.net/index.php

They may not be the top of the range games out there but they are still fun.

slingblade
25-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Not personally no, but the missus plays all manner of stuff on yahoo and such like. they are a bit tame for me so i prefer to play games with a little more action and strategic thought. or indeed no thought at all where Germans get shot in the head. ill pass the link on to her though, cheers;) :)

dogma
04-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Have you tried AMERICASARMY.com
Real time missions and its a free game. I was hooked on it for months.

slingblade
04-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Have you tried AMERICASARMY.com
Real time missions and its a free game. I was hooked on it for months.

as a matter of fact i have. it to was tedious, the training missions were too long and i became bored very quickly. as a result the first time i shot my training instructor in the face i wound up in fort levinworth military prison and thereafter the game was removed from my pc never to be seen again. it has put me off ever serving in the u.s. military also.

slingblade
04-02-2006, 01:46 PM
On a lighter note, has anyone been fortunate enough to see little britain live. i went to the apollo in manchester last night and watched a fantastic performance. i was tempted to put the tickets on e-bay as i booked 12 months ago and they sold out in hours but im glad i did not as i had a great and totally stress free evening.

dogma
20-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Have you had a look at Marks own forum??

I applied to become a member but his email address bounced back.

Peter_1
20-04-2006, 06:48 AM
I have no answer to that as it is clearly nonsense. if you would like help expressing yourself in English please let me know and i will be happy to assist.

Just noticed your reply Slingblade from some months ago.

This sort of humor, few persons here like it.
He speaks better English then you speak Bahasa Malaysia.

Will we change the official language of this forum in some other languages most spoken in the world (English is not between it): Chinese, Spanish,...

Do you have the same idea of all no English speaking posters, this aside from your first posting?

Lazarus
20-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Chinese... well its multiple dialects.... is the most spoken,
English is the most widely spoken followed by spanish

slingblade
25-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Just noticed your reply Slingblade from some months ago

Thats ok, im a slow reader myself.

He speaks better English then you speak Bahasa Malaysia.

Quite correct, but then again he is Malasian and i am English so i would expect so. however the phrase "i will be happy to assist" does give the impression that if help is needed with English terminology and/or grammer i will be happy to assist.

Do you have the same idea of all no English speaking posters, this aside from your first posting?

Not at all, only the ones i can't understand or are blatantly taking the p1ss. as for my first post i assume you are making reference to edward gith who asked "why should a fridge door not be left open for a long time?". does that question even qualify for an answer on a forum based around refrigeration engineers?. i think not, that question is more suited to a forum for retarded four year olds.

regards

slingblade

slingblade
25-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Have you had a look at Marks own forum??

I applied to become a member but his email address bounced back.

Yes i have, some months ago, and found it quite disturbing. he seemed to be posing technical problems for people to solve and then rewarding them with acclaim from himself. i personally think he was stuck and needed help, actually i just think he needs help full stop.

Peter_1
25-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Not at all, only the ones i can't understand or are blatantly taking the p1ss. as for my first post i assume you are making reference to edward gith who asked "why should a fridge door not be left open for a long time?". does that question even qualify for an answer on a forum based around refrigeration engineers?. i think not, that question is more suited to a forum for retarded four year olds.

No, I meant the pictures for your darts

slingblade
28-04-2006, 07:53 PM
No, I meant the pictures for your darts

then i refer you to the first part of my previous answer.

just out of interest, what are the little warning triangles about {top right hand corner of post}. i thought this was chit chat.

chillin out
28-04-2006, 08:01 PM
@Sling..

They are there to allow people to report any post they feel is inappropriate.

slingblade
28-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Now you tell me, after they have all gone.;) :) :D

frank
28-04-2006, 09:04 PM
just out of interest, what are the little warning triangles about {top right hand corner of post}. i thought this was chit chat.

just hover your mouse over the triangle it will tell you :)

Dan
29-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Funny. I never noticed those icons before. Are those "scales of justice" that I just clicked on to "add to Slingblades reputation?" I have no clue what that's all about. But you got my vote there, Slingblade.:)

The MG Pony
29-04-2006, 04:06 AM
A friend often mentioned great things about having ky and a very nice Lama and how a great releas of stress it was for their time to be togeather. Yes he WAS a CS player! I play DoD as a German Machine Gunner.

<Insane pony! :D

slingblade
29-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Funny. I never noticed those icons before. Are those "scales of justice" that I just clicked on to "add to Slingblades reputation?" I have no clue what that's all about. But you got my vote there, Slingblade.:)

Did i even have a reputation in the first place?

slingblade
30-04-2006, 11:10 AM
A friend often mentioned great things about having ky and a very nice Lama and how a great releas of stress it was for their time to be togeather. Yes he WAS a CS player! I play DoD as a German Machine Gunner.

<Insane pony! :D

If you mean COD then i look forward to putting holes in your head. LOL.

The MG Pony
30-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Nope Day of Defeat :D and No one gets de pony! but my team has an uncanny ability to <_< But once I got me MG set up, all I hear from the allies is "Oh no, not him" :D

The question is if CS players like llamas whats that leave us DoD peoples with?

Actinide
21-06-2006, 09:32 AM
:D :D Ok?

When I get home from work, I just like to chill out
on the computer for a bit, depending on how I sometimes go for a push bike ride or short walk helps me clear my mind and relax. Most just 1 beer, sit back, relax with my feet up on the recliner after tea.

Nothing worse than having a hard day and not being able to relax. Hope this helps :cool:

slingblade
21-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Good god is this still going. marc obrien left weeks ago. i would close this thread but do not appear to have that option. still 50+ replies and 1500+ views, beat that. i should be getting some of the advertising revenue from the site.

Brian_UK
21-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Way to go buddy..... ;)