PDA

View Full Version : Thermo King MD-11 SR .... HELP.

dcrcfcl
17-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Have a thermo king MD-11 SR. It was not cranking, crossed wires 8s to wire 2 and it will now crank, but it will not start. i assume that issueis caused by the relay
The only trouble code I am getting is "20" .. or "17"
Replaced fuel filter. It is getting fuel as far as the filter and the glow plugs are lighting a test light.
oil level is ok and coolant level is ok
It has a 3 cyl. Yanmar engine can any one

moggy66
18-07-2012, 11:46 PM
you have fuel solinoid issues, has it got a fuel solinoid timer board that may be the issue, but if the unit is not cranking over may have relay board issues, need to check voltage through the starter relay

johnatr
19-07-2012, 02:34 AM
sounds like the fuel stop solenoid, put you hand or finger on it while you are starting the unit and if you don't feel it click at all or click twice before the engine starts the it is a bad solenoid.

dcrcfcl
24-07-2012, 04:14 AM
thanks guys thge problem was fuel stop solenoid kept poping fuse i un plugged fuel solenoid replaced fuse enging would then crank so i replaced the fuel stop solenoid engine now cranks and starts with no alarm codes thanks again

tony2009
27-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Unfortunately, the fuel solenoids can be a little hot and cold; fingers crossed it won't play up again, but be aware that they can be a bit finicky.