PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 2.7tdi

Grizzly
06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi guys!
Can anyone help please, does anyone have details of the charge weight and refrigerant

for the above on a 56 plate.

Many thanks Grizzly.

charlie patt
06-07-2012, 07:48 PM
545 grms single system if rear evap 670 cluthless comp be warned

Grizzly
06-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Your a star Charlie.
Would you care to enlighten further as why there are issues and how I would tell?
I am assuming we are talking R134a ?
Thanks Steve.

charlie patt
06-07-2012, 10:06 PM
vw audi group have a real problem with these comps for starters they only hold a eggcup full of 134 so when it drops a bit of pressure it does damage the comps break up....... and the little slider valve has real trouble basically its a basic eev and runs between 1 and 100 percent but run on .4 to 4.4 volts we have testers to check valve and comp and at the mo are changeing about three a week at work..... your saveing grace is some of the 2.7 units mainly the allroads still have a clutch on depending on chasis, if clutchless and it has no pressure in we nitro and if it passes hp test charge it with a reclaim to full amount then run the ac if you run it with a small amount of gas in the ecu will just shut down the slider you need to charge it with your reclaim then run it if the pressures stay the same after 8 seconds the pump or slider is shot also check the condensor fans on those to as in winter a little bit of water sprays up of the road and when parked up in cold weather it freezes to the fan then the customer jumps in switches the car on and because its climate the ac goes to dehumid the fans try to run and takes out the 30 amp fuse thus no condensor fan, fuse is by batt box the only other issue is if you switch the econ buton of and it lights up on its own but thats another issue

Brian_UK
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
There you go Grizzly, nothing to it by all accounts... :)

install monkey
06-07-2012, 11:40 PM
vosprung dirch technik!:D

Magoo
07-07-2012, 04:47 AM
Hi Grizzly.
suggest that you walk away, and send car to a service centre. You do not need the grief.

Grizzly
07-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks Guys.
A Brilliant reply CHARLIE!!

This Is for a friend, so the truth won't hurt me.
I fact now that I can explain with some knowledge, all can be protected.

I only ever planned to reclaim, vac and recharge

Once again thanks Charlie.

Much appreciated.

Steve.

Grizzly
11-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Just an Update.
I confirmed today that the above discussed A/C has been running happily since the end of July.
So thanks to the brilliant advise above. All well that ends well!

I recovered the remaining charge from the system. Vacuum deeply and charged to almost the full charge weight prior to running anything.
And having trimmed the charge whilst running it has been sweet since.

Grizzly

chemi-cool
11-10-2012, 07:37 PM
knowledge is gold charlie, Liked your explanation.
But as much, I'm a bit puzzled, what on earth you need cooling in cars in the UK?? Especially in this summer?

SeanB
11-10-2012, 08:12 PM
You do need it every so often, just like you will use a heater in Israel every so often........