PDA

View Full Version : tk multi temp spectrum code 19 all over my fleet

supradrew
05-07-2012, 04:55 AM
long story short, i have a fleet of reefers i maintain with a few other workers. in the past month we have had code 19 (low oil pressure) left and right.

the common denominator for this code is fresh oil and filters. you would immediately think i have bad/wrong oil type but this is not the case. some units are perfectly fine after a pm. and yes, ive checked oil pressure with a manual gauge.

if the code is cleared it wont pop up for almost a week, but when they pop up, ofcourse its over the road. i pay vendors out of state and they claim a wire/terminal repair and all is well untill another week goes by.

we've gone through the process of installing a new oil pressure switch, wiring from switch to relay board and from relay board to micro. all well.

here's a situation where i really get stumped...i had a unit go down for a bad headgasket, my tk dealer replaced the entire motor under warranty, now 3-4 weeks later, you guessed it...code 19. so, that motor doesnt have my oil or my filters on it, what do you guess is going on?

its a little too expensive to replace the relay board or micro for just testing purposes but which would you suggest i replace first, OR is there anything else im missing? its got us all baffled, including 3 different vendors, tk dealer, and even my company instructor. i really need these glitches cured.

thanks in advance

Robert Hilton
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I had the same problem with a TS Spectrum.
I tried everything it seemed to stop after fitting new cable eyes at the oil switch end.

Mick Carroll
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Run the unit on different modes and monitor the op reading. I had a ts last year cutting out on 19 in defrost mode it turned out to be a fault in the board.