PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Phoenix Ultra 2

Wade
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Hello
New to this site so I apologize if this was posted elswhere, I searched to no avail.
I just bought a used Carrier pro earth ultra 2 (I hope that is the proper name) 1998.
Is there a range of temperatures that do not allow the cycle sentry (auto start/stop).
I understand that below -10 degreees, it will run continous. However, at temps say around 35 and above, sometimes will not go into auto and remains continous.
I had the alternator replaced, the belts replaced and the display panel with the buttons replaced. It still does it. Is it normal?
Thanks for your input.

66ddmicro
04-07-2012, 12:24 AM
No not normal or should I say not right.

Have a look at the engine water temp on the display, unit will not let the engine stop until it thinks it is up to temperature.

Good luck.

jagdpnzr
07-07-2012, 05:09 AM
water temp has to be above 130 or somewhere around there, and also the battery voltage must contain the + symbol as well.

Boss302
11-07-2012, 03:48 AM
That unit can be set up for Modified Function lock. If it is, it will not run in Start/Stop between, I believe +32°F and +42°F. It should run in Start/Stop at any other setpoint. Is it not shutting down in Start/Stop or is the display not changing from Continuous to Start/Stop. If it is set up for modified function lock, you won't be able to get it to go to Start/Stop between those setpoints. The Batt. voltage reading has to have the + sign in front of it for it to shut down. If no + sign, the unit will not cycle off. Water temp above +122°F and minimum run time have to be satisfied as well as setpoint. The unit name is either Ultra or Ultra XL. The Ultrafresh 2 is a feature of the unit. The only difference between an Ultra and Ultra XL is the engine. Ultra has a Tri-Vortex, XL has a DI