PDA

View Full Version : MTA chiller HP swicth fault

r.bartlett
27-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Guy's

Got an MTA chiller with two circuits. Went to site today and found both on HP switch fault. tried to reset but that didn't work. Tried cutting the Hp wire out and fault still there. I then removed the trip cable from the slave unit and it still no workie.

Any ideas??

install monkey
27-06-2012, 08:48 PM
setting 3112 reset alarm -select yes then the alarm symbol will reset
carel pco outstation- the programming is the same between manufacturers- airedale/lennox

r.bartlett
27-06-2012, 09:42 PM
setting 3112 reset alarm -select yes then the alarm symbol will reset
carel pco outstation- the programming is the same between manufacturers- airedale/lennox

more detail please as the carel tech guy said press alarm twice.

install monkey
27-06-2012, 09:57 PM
from the front screen press prog twice then select settings3 then general1 then order1 then select 2 al reset then highlight yes,enter the display will show yes then revert to no after 3 seconds and the red alarm light should dissappear
pressing the alarm button twice will only give info of the cause of alarm and time

install monkey
27-06-2012, 10:07 PM
check ur emails

r.bartlett
28-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Had a discussion with MTA UK (for some reason I thought it was ICS and we all know how rubbish their tech 'help' is)

Anyway had a chat and he emailed me a WD. with his help I knew roughly where I needed to look. I remembered I didn't have any voltage in/out of the HP so started to trace back.

Turns out fuse on transformer had blown which -should- mean every alarm but only these two

Anyway I had a small glass fuse and stuck that in. Water came down from 28.7 to 12,3 in 20 minutes with building on full cooling so plenty of capacity

Hopefully that will see us through for now but must wonder why the thing blew in the first place

Richard