PDA

View Full Version : Condensers heat reject capacity regulation

Sandro Baptista
01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi Guys,

I'd like to hear from you guys how do you manage the heat reject capacity when you have several parallel compressors working on the same plant.

I think the best is whenever is possible all of them remaining working with the ventilation at same speed with a frequency converter (from reduced rpm until the 100% rpm) as the mechanical power consumption depends on N^3 (rpm^3).
The same reasoning applies to the Dahlander motors insteaad of the inverters.

Thanks

Sandro Baptista
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Any comments?

Sandro Baptista
25-06-2012, 03:52 PM
sTILL Any comments?

chemi-cool
25-06-2012, 04:06 PM
to my opinion, this is the best solution.
http://www.ebmpapst.com/en/products/axial-fans/axial_fans.php

Segei
25-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I missed this post. Did you mentioned about air condensers or evaporative condensers? This is right for air condensers.

Sandro Baptista
26-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi Guys,

I'd like to hear from you guys how do you manage the heat reject capacity when you have several parallel compressors working on the same plant.

I think the best is whenever is possible all of them remaining working with the ventilation at same speed with a frequency converter (from reduced rpm until the 100% rpm) as the mechanical power consumption depends on N^3 (rpm^3).
The same reasoning applies to the Dahlander motors insteaad of the inverters.

Thanks

Sorry, I meant ...several condensers working in parallel.

I was thinking about evaporative condenser but I think the same principle (ventilation operating scheme) can be applied to air condensers.

Sandro Baptista
26-06-2012, 08:49 AM
to my opinion, this is the best solution.
http://www.ebmpapst.com/en/products/axial-fans/axial_fans.php

Sorry Chemi, I can't see the relevance with my first post.

Segei
26-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Reducing fan speed from 100% to 90% saves 27% of fan energy. From 50% to 40%, he same 10% speed reduction, save just 6% of fan energy. Sometimes it is more efficient to switch off water pumps.

Sandro Baptista
27-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I think is better from efficient point of view switch off the fans. Also turning on and off the water pumps could lead for the formation of scale on the coil.

Segei
27-06-2012, 03:10 PM
It is up to you. However, to run pumps without fans is almost useless. In North America, during cold weather many refrigeration plants cycle water pumps, because they don't have a choice. During summer operation they run pumps first. Majority of them don't have issue with the scale. To get scale you need thousands cycles of wet and dry. I know one plant that cycle pumps all year around. Yes, they have scale.