PDA

View Full Version : chest freezer fault

mcunliffe4
11-05-2012, 09:01 PM
ive got a derby glass top freezer i was looking at today, standing pressure is at about 2.5barg R134a. Another company have looked at it previously as the customer uses it at Famres Markets and have attatched a line tap valve on the suction. When i turn it on the back pressure comes down to about 1.5barg but im getting no temp on the discharge pipe. When i took of the condenser fan blade the top of the condenser is only luke warm. The inside of the chest freezer is cold around the top and temp inside the cabinet is at about 7 degrees. I recovered 300g of refrigerant which is the ammount on the manufacturers label, evacuated from the suction and recharged with the same ammount but is still doing the same... am i right in thinking i have a restriction in the high side or is this more than likely a fault with the compressor.. This was one of them **** jobs on a Friday......The other company that looked at this cabinet said it was the compressor but im not sure...Thankyou for your help.

monkey spanners
11-05-2012, 09:32 PM
If there was a restriction in the high side then the refrigerant would get stuck behind it to a degree, this would lead to the low side pressure being way too low most likely into a vacuum.

Sounds like the compressor isn't pumping propperly, low amps would be another symptom to look for.

Jon :)

cool runings
12-05-2012, 12:45 AM

Compressor is not pumping.

The valves have gone. Use your compariter and 134a at 1.5 bar is only about
-5 deg c and that is way too high for a freezer.

All the best

coolrunnings.

cold.man
14-05-2012, 05:52 PM
hi mcunliffe4

as per the previous 2 posts said sounds like the compressor i would agree with that. if you had a blockage as previuosly said your suction pressure would be alot lower.
on integrals you would most likley find the blockage in the copper spun drier or capillary, blocked condensor are a common cause of blocked driers and taking the compressor out was the condensor coil dirty when you first looked at it.