PDA

View Full Version : fixing very tiny leak

kefah
07-04-2012, 07:40 PM
hi every one
this is my first post
i work in hvac department in a factory
some time we encounter very tiny leak in window type and split type air conditioning unit
and it take long time w/o detection
so can any body learn how to fix it
i heard about fixing tiny lek with chemical and by alot of method

chemi-cool
07-04-2012, 08:04 PM
hello kefah and welcome to RE.
Theer is no way to cut corners if you want it fixed but patient and soap, check slowly all the copper pipe work until you find the leak.

kefah
07-04-2012, 08:08 PM
thank you
i ve heard about fixing it by mixing some chemical with ***** is that really
or not

chemi-cool
07-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Never heard about it, sorry.

The Viking
07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
OK, this will open up a can of worms....

The product you are looking for is "Super Seal" HERE (http://www.javac.co.uk/superseal-leak-sealant-uk-pr-16252.html)

It works a treat as long as you adhere to good engineering practices, you cut any corners or get moisture in to the system and it will turn nasty.

We had a VRF system that lost a kilo of refrigerant every month, we knew that the leak were either in a wall or underground (cr@p installation, not by us). As a last resort we added Super Seal to the system and afterwards it was running perfectly, without leaks, for about 6 years before it was replaced (as part of a major refurb)

On the other hand, you just have to do a quick google search and you will find all the horror stories...

:cool:

kefah
07-04-2012, 09:52 PM
thank you pal

aliionut
08-04-2012, 03:15 PM
@kefah try http://www.errecom.it/ENG/prodotti_dett.asp?id=708

Luke.G
08-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi Kefah, & welcome to RE

im assuming that you pressure or strength test your equipment prior to evacuating / charging it
how long do you give for these tests, to check each window A/C is ready to carry on to the next stage?
as like chemi-cool said using a bubble leak detection fluid is the best way apart from checking each joint whilst charged with a electronic leak detector, as i know some detectors can find leaks less than 3 grams a year?! ( very sensitive mind )

Otherwise that superseal is that chemical it sounds like your asking about.....