PDA

View Full Version : Carpigiani 381/sp/colore Ice Cream Machine

Delboyuk2508
31-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi

I have a Carpigiani Colore ice cream machine, and have just booted it up for the season.

It was set up to run at about 85 on the pressure side of the mix and stops cooling at 3 degrees C.

For some reason it does not want to go above 70 on the mixture pressure, and the last time we had a similar fault, the engineer did a software reset on the machine which fixed the problem as there was no mechanical fault present.

Does anyone know how this system reset is done, the engineer removed the right hand side panel to gain access to the electronic control box but I don't know how he did the reset, I believe he didn't have to use any special equipment.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Derek

Delboyuk2508
03-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Right,

Spoke to Carpigiani engineer, and there is a black switch on the PCB, make sure the cylinder is full of mix, check the currant draw of the beater motor, probably 2 or 3 amps depending on whether single or three phase, max 5 amps, press the start button, press the black reset button, check the amps draw of the beater motor, when it reaches the max amps (2 or 3 amps depending on single or three phase) press the black reset button again. Job done.

Hope this helps

Derek

Delboyuk2508
03-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Had to get Carpigiani engineer to come out as it was still not performing as it should and struggling to get down to correct temperature.

Transpired that it was low on gas, he topped it up with R79 as a replacement for the original R22 that was used in the factory.

Its working OK now,

djbe
09-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Topped it up or recovered the R22 and then replaced with R79?

Delboyuk2508
09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Recovered the R22 and filled it up with R79, took just over 1 Kg of gas.