PDA

View Full Version : Discharge faul .... LP found ? ? ? ?

Palkoper
18-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Hello guys sorry to bother I just really wonder WHY Carrier water chiller 30RWA040 with external condeser showed me unlogical fault or my skills are bad ...

So I done servis in Nov last year everything Ok came back on site last week and on Carrier controller showed me problem with dischage . I was hoping transducer is faulty but when I connected manifold found no refrigerant in the system ... so why LP doesnt activated ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? :rolleyes:

If anyones know what could be real reason what happend please let me know .
Thanl You all for any reply .

P.S sorry 4 my English .

Best Regards
Pali

monkey spanners
18-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't do chiller so don't know, but, some smaller systems i have seen have used a low pressure switch in the high side of the system to check for shortage of refrigerant, because a low pressure switch in the suction line might activate when the system is pumped down etc and not short of refrigerant.

Hopefully some more knowledgeable people will be along shortly to help!

chillerman2006
18-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Hi Palkoper

with hp fault and no refrigerant... I would be expecting your PRV's to have lifted

then with no LP fault I would be checking safety cicuits and components

first step is pressure test, no leaks = change prv's

I like to set up my LP/HP switch's off the unit with nitrogen, as you can do so much quicker and safer than on the unit

once refitted and recharged you can then check operation of your safety circuits, as I'm sure you would have during service !

make the unit shut down on LP/HP and if it dont, you need to check they are not linked out

R's chillerman

Palkoper
18-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks gyus really appriciate just dont get it what PRV's means . . . .?

chillerman2006
18-03-2012, 04:55 PM
pressure relief valve

R's chillerman