PDA

View Full Version : Chemical cleaning of Semi-Hermetic and Open type Refrigeration compressors

amarakbar
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I will like to know the best and safe method of cleaning these compressors. After stripping down the compressor of all parts what is the method: (1) Clean the parts with an electrically driven wire brush and pouring kerosene to clean all rust and sludge formations.
(2) Dip all compressor parts in a mild acid solution (which one) to remove the acid and sludge.(3) Dip all parts in a heated tri chloro ethylene solution. Exactly how it is done and what method and cleaning liquids are used by the rebuilding companies.

D.D.KORANNE
13-03-2012, 06:04 AM
try petrol as solvent for cleaning ...........but handle with extreme care ........ do not use wire brush and mild acid as solvent

Grizzly
13-03-2012, 07:02 AM
We are talking about refrigeration comps here are we?
Because if so and they had any of the contaminates you describe.
I would not want one from you.
I.E> Rust that implies exposure to moisture and air!!!!
Grizzly

install monkey
13-03-2012, 08:44 PM
get a brillo pad to get rid of the rust- or maybe some white malt vinegar and the wifes toothbrush,gets all the valve plates sparkly!-for those really heavily rusted areas battery acid is good- happy polishing

RANGER1
24-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Local rebuild companies seem to use agitated caustic bath, they remove all you describe.
Obviously they have to be rinsed & dried after.
Automotive industry does the same.