PDA

View Full Version : Stoelting 237R Soft Serve Machine Belt Replacement

DQmon
09-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Hello,
I own a DQ with a Stoelting 237R soft-serve machine. I know that the belts need to be replaced and I have replacement belts. I am a new owner of this store, and have never done this before. The belts that are currently in the machine are "Goodyear" brand and they have notches on the inner side of the belts. THe belts that I purchased from my equipment supplier appear to be the right size, but do not have notches on them, and are not Goodyear brand. I have no idea what the previous owner may have had done to the machines before I took over. I have attempted to contact several companies to have a technician come out, and none have been able to. The owner's manual also does not give a clear description of how to replace the belts. The soonest the technician can come is Monday, and my business is the greatest during the weekend. I'm desperate to change these belts somehow myself. I have a back-up machine that I am using currently, but it cannot keep up with my sales volume. If anyone has any knowledge on how to do this, I would appreciate any advice! I am no refrigeration technician by any means, but if it is an easy replacement I am sure I can handle it. I just don't want to cause further harm to my machine.
Thank you.

Brian_UK
09-03-2012, 11:09 PM
The notched belts will run a little cooler but as long as the belt size is correct then they should be OK.

Belt types can be 'A', 'B' or 'Z', as well as some others, so the belts can be identified such as A1120 or SPZ1120, if it is XPZ1120 then it will be notched.

Without knowing your machine there is normally some form of distance adjustment on the belt driver, electric motor, which should be slackened off so that you can remove the belt.

Use a lever of some sort to ease the belt off of the larger pulley whilst rotating the pulleys slowly by hand, ALWAYS KEEP ALL FINGERS ETC ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PULLEYS/BELTS.

Fit the new belt over the smaller pulley and then feed it onto the larger pulley, with the paml of your hand over the smaller pulley rotate the drive until the belt snaps onto the larger pulley.

Now retension the drive line until you can just turn the centre of the drive belt 90° using just your thumb and fore finger.

Job done, make sure any lock nuts are done up also.

Also, of course, you could read the service manual which details belt maintenance and is available via the wonders of Google.... ;)
http://www.stoelting.com/include/viewfile.php?Type=PDF&ID=62